Home from lbl and thigh lift

scalingback1
on 9/20/12 5:08 pm - Mashpee, MA
 I got home this evening after surgery on Tuesday.  Had some problems with low bp and ended up getting two units of blood and staying an additional night in hosp. Feels good to be home! I like how things look so far but very hard to see past the swelling. They warned me the swelling would probably be bad due to the large amounts of fluid they gave me, so far that seems to be the case. I've got 6 drains and understand why they aren't too popular!  Might be losing 4 of them at my post-op visit on Monday- I hope so!
It basically only hurts when I move but as long as I take the meds every four hours it is manageable. 
Im really glad to be on this side of things and cannot wait to see how things shape up!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

Lee ~
on 9/20/12 9:54 pm - CA
 I'm so glad you're home and doing well.  Get as much rest as you can.  Remember to take little walks around the house to keep the blood flowing.  Keep yourself hydrated and get in as much protein as you can to help with your healing.

Keep coming back to let us know how you're doing.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

scalingback1
on 9/21/12 7:57 am - Mashpee, MA
 Thanks Lee!  Of course it only hurts when I move, but I know I have to. 

bamabelle16
on 9/21/12 6:34 am
 Congrats! Hope you have turned the corner and the drains get removed. Are they really bad and scary? I am fearful of that part of the surgery.
Highest Weight: 265 lbs Pre-Op Weight: 249 lbs Surgery Weight: 238 lbs Current Weight: 124 lbs
scalingback1
on 9/21/12 8:02 am - Mashpee, MA
 I don't think the drains are horrible. I know they help me heal and as of yet, I'm not moving around enough for them to be a big problem. Ask me again in a couple of days! lol. Feel free to ask any questions. Are you scheduled for anything yet?

rhearob
on 9/21/12 12:08 pm - TN

Congrats!  My surgery is week after next.

I hope you feel better soon!

My surgeon warned me that I would have 6 drains as well.  How are you managing them all?  I was thinking of wearing one of those little hip packs to put them all in.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

scalingback1
on 9/21/12 12:49 pm - Mashpee, MA
 I have 3 on each side.  I pin 3 of them together on each side using the plastic tabs then attach the pin to my binder.  I have 6 specimen cups- 1 for each drain. I sit on the commode and empty them one at a time and my husband records them for me. This works well for me although I wouldn't have wanted to do it myself the first day and a half. Personally I don't think I'd like a fanny pack- partly because of putting anything around my waist and the tethers aren't quite long enough for all 6 to come together
Good luck on your surgery!  If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. 

Penny V.
on 9/24/12 10:00 pm - Orleans, MA
How is life back at home? Do you still have drains?

I hope your healing is going well and you don't have to travel to see doctor too often.

Most Active