Plastic Surgeons with "Recovery Spas" ?

SleevedLife
on 9/17/12 9:42 am
I'm thinking ahead to my plastics surgeries.  Just fantasizing at this point since I'm not at goal yet and I want to be under 200 before I go under the knife.  But my gut hang was really getting in the way of exercise this morning, which is sooo frustrating... which led me to once again fantsize about the freedom I'll feel when it someday gets removed!

What I get done will depend on what the PS things is best in my situation, but I think I'd like a tummy tuck (probably anchor cut because I am apple shaped and having a lot of skin above the belly button as well as under), arm lift, neck lift, and maybe a breast lift.

I have two young kids - preschool age - and I am imagining what my recovery might be like.  It would be really hard to be home and really REST.  So I wondered if I could steal away for a week or two and recover at some sort of plastic surgery retreat.  Also, might be a bit less scary for the kids if I am somewhat functional by the time I come back home.  I know I'll be down for several weeks, but I imagine I'll look less "scary" at two weeks out as opposed to two days out.   Surely, such a thing exists for the rich and famous - right? Does such a place exists for the financially comfortable and not-so-famous? ;)

I found a place in Arlington Heights, IL that seems to have such a place.  I'm not clear on how long they allow people to stay, though.  Are there others in the midwest that you all know of?  I guess I'd be willing to consider traveling further, but I'd prefer if I could drive (maybe up to, say 3 hours) so that I could easily do my pre-op and follow-up appointments without much travel.  

BTW, this is the one in Arlington Heights/chicago.  I don't see any information listed here on OH about this surgeon, but he is board certified and says he does body contouring after massive weight loss.  Web site is a little cheesy, but a lot of doctors have cheesy websites...  His name is Dr. Otto Placik.

http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-recovery-manor-care/

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Suggestions?  Slaps across the face?

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

acbbrown
on 9/17/12 10:06 am - Granada Hills, CA
 My aunt was running a business out of her home in Scottsdale AZ where she was taking care of ppl after PS. Not sure if she's still doing it but I know people do things like this. If you ask some surgeons, they may be able to give you some leads. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kellawanda
on 9/19/12 1:43 pm
VSG on 06/04/09 with
I guess this will depend on where your PS is....out by my surgeon in Newport Beach, CA there are tons of recovery retreats....prices range a lot tho...from like $200 a night to $700 a night depending on the level of care you need. You might be able to work out a deal for staying a longer time.
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
Pura Vida
on 9/20/12 5:05 am - Costa Rica
I also have 2 preschool aged kids and knew I wouldn't get any peace, so I checked myself into a cheap hotel ($40/night) and stayed a week by myself...pure bliss. The only thing I would have done a little different is plan and pack my food better, I only packed my Protein powder, so I had to get a taxi to take me to the grocery store and that was a bit of an ordeal. If the hotel has room service...even better!
Most Active