Dehiscence after Breast Lift-only me!

godzilla
on 8/28/12 1:49 am - Israel
So last week I was at hospital Plastics clinic twice.
Surface slough; fibrin tissues on vertical scar of right breast.
However in my HMO,the wound care nurse climbed I had pus and infection and needed debridement and why did the jospital not debride; but refused to call the hospital to ask as according to her it is not her job!
Well it certaintly is not my job to question the surgeons! And I bother my PS with emails and text messages all the time even when he is on vacation out of the country!
Yesterday I texted him my frustration with the nurse changing which bandages different than what I have been told to do. He wrote me to come in tomorrow-which is today. He dressed me and wrote a "spicy" letter what is needed and what is NOT and I faxed a copy to my HMO for my GP and the nurses.
Dehiscence means a longer recovery-what else is new?
I am still pleased with my much smaller boobies and once I finish healing...it will be even better. Somehow I don't think dehiscence is normal for a Breast Lift-but we are talking Mikimi.
Mikimi in Israel

ToBeAble
on 8/28/12 7:18 am
 Oy! Nothing's ever simple, is it? I hope this is just a small bump in the road and that you are back to normal recovery and enjoyment of your new bod soon!

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

Lee ~
on 8/30/12 8:31 am - CA
 I'm glad you got to see your surgeon for follow up!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active