After and in my hospital room

godzilla
on 7/30/12 1:45 am - Israel
Breast Lift and scar revisions (dang, I feel it in the ladies area!) and left inguinal hernia. No drains!
Discomfort/pain but tolerable at the moment.
Eating dinner (hospital food) of shakshouka , scrambled eggs in a tomato sauce, and mashed potatoes; dessert is cheesecake. I am eating -but slowly!
Mikimi in Israel
bamabelle16
on 7/30/12 7:31 am
Congrats! So glad things are going great for you! Take care!
Highest Weight: 265 lbs Pre-Op Weight: 249 lbs Surgery Weight: 238 lbs Current Weight: 124 lbs
Joe_C
on 7/30/12 7:50 am

Glad to hear, I had a TT and breast reduction, by far the chest area and the drains are the worst.

>>>Approved!!! Surgery 10-19-09<<<
              Starting an improved new me

godzilla
on 7/30/12 8:19 am - Israel
Thanks to all in responses!
Joe C. : I will know more I hope during the Dostors Rounds and then post to the Board.
??? :
what all did they actually succed in doing?
did they weigh excess skin from Breasts? There wasn't much volume and I am short but a very large body frame.
Why were drains not used?
Mikimi in Israel
MrsClaus09
on 7/30/12 12:18 pm
 Wishing you a uneventful recovery!  I also wonder why no drains were used.  But, regardless, wish you the best in recovery!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
PBJ
on 7/30/12 1:31 pm
Good luck to you Mikimi....hope you heal well and feel better each and every day!

hugs
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
godzilla
on 7/30/12 2:08 pm - Israel
Patty-ight now I feel like I am in Swell-Hell-Land and I did not appreciate having to beg the night nurse (I am still in hospital -Socialized Medicine) for Assival (Valium) or for another painkiller as things were written in one part of my chart but not in the right place or some variation. My surgery was at 11am and in Recovery was given a painkiller at 2pm. On the Ward I asked at 7:00pm and only given percocet at 7:30pm. For some reason it was written in my chart that I was given the percocet at 9:30pm so at night shift change nurse refused to give until I had a tiffy screech. I mean really! Would the nurse rather I walk the halls all night long or stand at the nurses station? I also have right to sleep and be pain-free.
Doctors Rounds will be soon and I hope I'll no more on my other body parts that were also operated on: inguinal hernia left; keloid and unbalanced scarring from TT . I think that not all the vertical keloid scar was excised and that bothers me.
Well it's just after 7AM here and I'm the last room so until Doctors Rounds get to me it will probably be 8:30-9:00 so I hope to update again later.
Mikimi in Israel
PBJ
on 7/30/12 11:51 pm
So sorry you are having a bad night.  I am also a RN and I HATE to hear stories like that..I am a big believer in patient's being as painfree as possible..they heal better and no need to suffer.  I hope you talk to your Doc this am and get this fixed!  You deserve to be comfortable!

Hugs
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
godzilla
on 7/31/12 12:13 am - Israel
Patty-they want to give me Optalgin but I heard there problems with in the States, or Acamol , Israeli eqivalent to Tylenol.
If I'm in pain I want the good stuff! I mean I was asking only two or three times with hours in between. Today I asked at 12:30pm and I will ask later.it is more swelling and heaviness than pain.
Thanks,
Mikimi
Lee ~
on 7/31/12 3:19 am - CA
 Wishing you a speedy recovery Mikimi!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active