Breast Reduction/Lift Without Nipple Removal

Sara M.
on 7/8/12 11:53 pm - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
I did a search and saw that there were a few people that have had this done, but I wanted to pick more brains and see if more women have made this decision recently.

Nipple sensitivity is a HUGE issue for me and I am terrified of losing it.  It plays a major part in my sex life (sorry TMI) and I'd much rather have more visible scarring that lose that.  My breasts are deflated balloons now and most of the real breast tissue hangs at the bottom.  The upper part of my breasts is all stretch marked skin with little fat in comparison.  I'd say that there is enough breast tissue left to fill a C cup, but with the excess accordioned skin (yes, it doesn't bulge, it accordions) I fill a DD.

Who has gone this route and what have your results been?  Pros/Cons, etc?

I have my consultation with the plastic surgeon on the 19th.  I am having more than just this done, but this will probably be done first due to back pain, etc. 

Thanks!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
alla B.
on 7/9/12 7:10 am
My nipples way more sensitive after surgery, even light touch makes me nuts.
But we are all different.
Good luck.
Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

Crazeru
on 7/9/12 9:41 am
Mine were moved up and sensation came back around 3-4 weeks out.  Pretty much the same as before surgery.  Not sure how the lift can be done w/o moving them.  I know a few of Dr S's patients had a few zingers, but I don't remember anyone saying that they'd lost all feeling.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Lizzy25
on 7/9/12 6:51 pm
I have never seen a breast lift that didn't move the nipples. Where did you read about/ see this? I'd be interested to see how they accompli****

I had the traditional breast lift with augmentation. I'm sad to say that I'm one of those people who lost a lot of nipple sensation. I also have some numbness in my cleavage area. My left nipple lost about 75% of its sensitivity, right lost about 50%. I can still feel, just not as much and not as intensely. Unfortunate, yes. But I still don't regret it at all. I was totally ashamed of my empty udders and wouldn't let anyone see them, much less touch them. So it was a fair trade-off for me. For you though it sounds like a much bigger issue and it's good that you're aware of that from the start.
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Britt U.
on 7/13/12 2:31 pm - Mill Creek, WA
I thought I was getting the full anchor cut and woke up to a surprise - just the benelli or donut - my lift was done strictly with a scar around my nipples. I'm just like you, nipple sensation is a big thing for me. I seem to have gotten it all back. Early on contractions were miserable, I was outside in the cold having a ton of pain waiting at a 5k when my friend, who also had a lift, told me what the pain was from. That's gone away now. In general my sensation is same as or better than before (might be in my head, I have very lovely boobs now which I never had ever). What I don't like? The scars aren't pretty and my nipples aren't perfect circles like I expected - there's some areola outside the scar but the size is what was needed to make the shape and the lift right. Also you know those little pimple things you get on your nipples? I seem to have them along the scar line. And the stiches spit out for months.

I've very, very happy with the sensation I have and the overall results. I didn't plan on a lift but my husband encouraged me (no surprise right) but I feel beautiful and feminine and slim - something I've never felt in my entire life. Well worth the minor things.

feistyemm
on 7/19/12 1:40 am - Westchester, NY
 I had breast reduction in 1984. Prior to my having it my aunt and cousin had it a few years before and their nipples had to be detached -- they thus had NO sensation in their nipples. At the time I was about 200 lbs.

I was happy they remained attached but moved up, which I believe is what they always do now. They do the anchor cut and put the nipple in the right place and sew around the new hole. I barely had sensation before the reduction. My breasts were like an F cup and they hung almost to my waist. I was made a large B, and the first time I took a shower the sensation almost made me fly to the ceiling. WOW. I was so thrilled to feel something. They were very sensitive to touch after the surgery, and still are 28 years later! I was also able to breastfeed when I had my son 21 years later. My scars are almost invisible. They faded fairly quickly after the surgery.

Ironically, after all my weight loss after RNY, going from 330 to under 150, I now have empty sacks where my full B's used to be, I am going for implants on August 7th! I want to be a full B again. With my size on the bottom, which is around 6-8 pants, I don't really need to be bigger, and my fiance doesn't care very much for me to go bigger. I'd be comfortable with the Full B cup.

Best of luck with your surgery.
Marla

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Most Active