brow lift/neck lift/lower face lift - Day 4

Chana
on 6/17/12 11:13 pm
I look like a cabbage patch doll, I'm so swollen.  That being said, it's definitely better today than yesterday.  The forehead swelling from the brow lift, while still bad, has gone down some.  I still have the serious pumpkin head going, though.

Can't get over my chin and neck. Even as swollen as I am, they look very much improved.  I absolutely can't wait to see what this is going to look like in a week or two! 

Pain level is still pretty high but improving.  I've gone from taking two oxycodone with tylenol every four hours to one every six hours.  I only have a couple left, so I'm going to ask the doctor for more at my appointment this morning.  I've been spending virtually all my time in the recliner with these cold gels over my eyes. 

Washed my hair yesterday...very gingerly.  Much less itchy with all of the blood out.  I'm still too nervous about the incisions to really shampoo like normal, but at least now I feel cleaner and in a day or two I'll probably feel less reticent about the whole thing.

Usually I'm a pretty tough cookie when it comes to pain / surgery recovery.  I was taken by surprise at how difficult this has been.  Mostly, though, it is the brow lift, not the face/neck lift that is the most uncomfortable. 

I'll try to post some pics on Friday (give me a couple more days to look human!)

I do think the care at the hospital (Marymount,which is part of the Cleveland Clinic system for those in Cleveland) was exceptional.  I had never used Marymount before, but really the nursing staff bent over backwards to make me as comfortable as possible.  Also nothing but good things to say about the plastic surgeon - Jason Leedy.  Over and over the various nurses at Marymount kept volunteering that he's who they would use themselves - that he's very meticulous and a perfectionist.  Although I already felt comfortable with him and had done my homework in selecting a surgeon, it still was reassuring to hear the professionals who work with him express their opinion of his professional skills like that.
LoriD70
on 6/18/12 2:56 am - Fort Lee, NJ
I hope the swelling and pain get better very soon.  I'm sure you look forward to seeing what the end results will be.  I'm sure you're going to look amazing!
Chana
on 6/18/12 11:28 pm
Thank you!  Actually, today is vastly improved over yesterday.  I had a good restful sleep last night for the first time (instead of the waking up every 2.5 - 3 hours because the pain medication was wearing off).  I am DYING to see the end results.  My dad came to town to help me for a few days, and when I talked to my mom yesterday on the phone, she told me that my dad told her that although I have a lot of swelling, I look like I did when I was 25.  Now, granted my dad is biased, lol, but I have no doubt that this took years off my 45 year old face.
bamabelle16
on 6/18/12 8:11 am
Hope the pain continues to subside quickly. I am scheduled for eyes, mid-face/cheeks, and neck surgery on 8/1 followed by lbl on 8/29. Hoping for quick and easy recoveries without complications!
Chana
on 6/18/12 11:38 pm
Thank you so much for the good wishes.  I am feeling much better, and think I'll be able to skip the pain meds today altogether.  Good luck on your procedures.  I'm holding off on the body wor****il winter (I am working towards a marathon in the fall, so don't want to miss too many weeks of running), and am looking forward to learning what to expect from everybody else's experiences. 

Roll Tide!  (Actually I'm a 'Dore, aka the perennial whipping boy of SEC football...but hey, there's always basketball season to enjoy!). 
-VolsDiva-
on 6/19/12 6:34 am - Orange County :), TN
Go Vols! I am one week out from my neck lift and I have no pain. It gets better each passing day. The swelling does stink but your results will be worth it.

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

Chana
on 6/19/12 6:59 am
Hi!  Glad to see that you've done well with it - have you posted any pictures yet?  How do you look at one week out?  The pain today has been quite manageable, but the swelling...could scare small children! 
Most Active