BCBS Federal

mascharnhorst
on 6/7/12 3:47 am - Wichita, KS
I have BCBS Federal which is great. It totally covered my RNY minus the 150 per night copay for inpatient. What I'm wondering is if anyone has had any luck getting them to pay for any plastics? I really want a LBL and a breast lift. I don't expect the breast lift to be covered at all. But are there any other federal employees that have gotten any plastics covered?

sharonleanne
on 6/7/12 5:58 am
 Oh the insurance journey is a fun one. We also have federal insurance (not bcbs) and it looks like they are covering my Fleur De Lis Abdominoplasty. I am still waiting on the letter but they have told me yes. I think it is important to find a doctor that has experience working with insurance companies and with weight loss patients. Call Blue Cross and ask them if they cover these types of procedures, and if they do ask them to send you a copy of requirments. Good Luck!!!! ;-)
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/12 4:21 am
I have BCBS federal and they covered my extended tummy tuck & thigh lateral.  I am getting a breast lift and implants but they will not cover that.
mascharnhorst
on 6/8/12 4:41 am - Wichita, KS
Well that is awesome for you! May I ask if you a lot to remove? Was the process a nightmare? Any guidance would be great!

robyn pipkin
on 6/12/12 1:36 am
I also have federal bcbs, what procedure did you go through to get them to cover your plastics? Very curious as to how to get started. thanks, Robyn
  2 year anniversary July 17th  / Height 5'0      
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 11:10 pm
I did have alot of skin that needed to be removed, and they also did the muscle repair.  It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.  The first 3 days were the worst but it does get alot better.  I slept in the recliner for the first 2 months.  You'll love the results.  I was happy with mine in the beginning but then it started to get loose, freaked me out.  My PS told me with our skin elascity being so poor from weight gain and major weight loss really takes a toll on our skin.  I am getting my BA/BL in 8 days and he will also be doing lipo on my upper abdomen area.  My lower has finally got flat but upper still sticks out alot and he will be doing some more tightning and lipo on that area.  It is all worth it in the long run, you'll forget all the pain when you look in the mirror and see your flat belly and I love love my belly button lol.  Good Luck.  Keep us updated.
Most Active