Almost 3 weeks out

hllywd1369
on 3/24/12 7:51 am - lafayette, LA
Had a circumferential lift and lots of lipo... My regular jeans don't fit. I don't see how this is possible. I must have had two rolls of stomach removed, all my hips, and most my but(which seems flat and lower than before) Im so mad and feel like I made a huge mistake. I don't even wanna get out in public..what is going on?
sublimate
on 3/24/12 8:04 am - San Jose, CA
I'm in the same boat. Had 20 pounds of skin and fat removed.. all of my huge panni and a big chunk of my butt removed. When I look in the mirror I feel like I look so much smaller. But when I tried on clothes that fit pre-op they are too small! I'm bloated in my legs but I don't feel like I'm bloated all in my abdomen. I don't get it either.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

hllywd1369
on 3/24/12 4:15 pm - lafayette, LA
 What is your daily routine? I don't stay in my recliner all day, but I also don't work. I try to walk a lot and I'm wondering if that's making things worse. I'm also trying to avoid salt
southernbelle102
on 3/24/12 3:49 pm
 Hang in there!! It will go down eventually.  I am very grateful that my swelling was brief.  I fit into my pants at a little over 2 weeks post op.  However, I have heard that it can take as long as a few months to get back into pre surgery clothes and even maybe lose a size. When I was 1 week po I tried on my pre surgery jeans and there was literally 4 inches between the button and button hole.  I am 4 weeks out this week and now those jeans are a little too big.  I hope your swelling goes down really soon!! I know it is SO frustrating to feel like you did all of that for nothing. You didn't... It will be better soon! :) Good luck!
hllywd1369
on 3/24/12 4:18 pm - lafayette, LA
 Thank you!! It's just so discouraging bc it's like I know he took off enough to where I should be 1-2 sizes smaller! I still have arms, legs, and breasts to do and I'm not looking forward to that if the recovery is anything like this! How often did you wear your compression garment? I'm in mine all the time except for about an hour while showering. Could that be the problem?
southernbelle102
on 3/24/12 5:35 pm
 I didn't wear compression for the first week.  I started with the compression belt that the doc provided at 1 week and then switched to flexees (a spanx type garment that goes half way down my thigh and goes up to my bra) at about 2 weeks.  I wear that garment all day and then take it off and wear the compression belt for a little while in the evening and change back into the flexees to sleep.  I am out of all compression while I take my shower and for about an hour or 2 after that.  I like to give my body time to get completely dry before putting it back on.  Don't let the swelling put you off of other surgeries.  It sucks while it is hapening, but it will go down.  Even if you are swollen for 6 months (hopefully that won't be the case), it is really a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. I have had my arms and breasts done and just had the LBL.  I went shopping this weekend and felt comfortable in my body for the first time in forever. It will all be worth it in the end! :) 
southernbelle102
on 3/24/12 5:37 pm
 I have found that eating a high protein, very low sodium diet has helped a ton!  I drink about 140 oz of water a day and stay away from most carbs and all greasy foods. If you are pretty active that can contribute to swelling as well...
Jujuvee
on 3/25/12 5:29 am
Give it time. I had a circumferential and the day of I was a sixe 20. I am now a 14. They removed 16.3 but only 11 reflected on my scale. I'm 5 months out.

203 the day of surgery and 192 now.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

sublimate
on 3/25/12 5:37 am - San Jose, CA
I definitely eat low carb and drink a lot of water. The item of clothing I tried on was a skirt, so not even relevant if my thighs are larger. I have been sleeping on my back with my legs elevated and have lost 13 pounds on the scale.

When I look at my stomach it looks much smaller. I do not feel I look swollen at all. I need to post my pics as it will make sense when you see how much smaller I am why I am baffled as to the lack of size change.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Amy W.
on 3/25/12 12:24 pm - Buckeye, AZ
You're swollen!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Most Active