Silicone sheets on keloid hypertrophic scar

godzilla
on 1/15/12 4:11 pm - Israel
I scar ugly-keloid and hypertrophic. It has been more than six months since my Panni but I was only told to start with silicone mid-December.in the last two weeks the silicone tends to stick to itself and not me such that I am constantly going to the the toilets to lift up my shirt and stick it back on to my skin!
My vertical scar on my abdomen (after all the prior WLS and hernia repair) and I never healed nicely the first time...). Scar looks ropey, thick, very pink,wide and splotchy-and itches quite a bit especially under the breastbone. I'm not sure if even a scar revision will help.
I wrote my PS this morning and am awaiting an answer from him but as his father passed just a week ago(in Israel one has off of work a week got Shiva mourning period) and hospital and private clinic, it might be awhile until he gets back to me. My next clinic apptmt is the 29th.Any suggestions/advice from the vets out there
mote experienced than me?
Mikimi in Israel
pixielee
on 1/15/12 9:27 pm - Twinsburg, OH
 Check out Kelo-cote. It is a silicone based gel  you apply very sparingly on your scar twice a day. It is what my PS uses and so far I love it. They have a website, just google the name of the product.  Good luck!

Kate

godzilla
on 1/15/12 9:56 pm - Israel
I'll try to google but real ? is if it can be bought here in Israel.
Thank you
waitinggame
on 1/16/12 11:27 am - Bowie, MD
Another similar product to the one she suggested is BioCorneum--another silicone gel. Expensive, but seems to be doing the trick. Perhaps one of the two can be obtained in Israel.

Good luck!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active