6 month post LBL

lbaetz
on 12/23/11 5:03 am - St. Thomas, Canada
Hi everyone.

Thought I'd share a few 6 months pics from my LBL.  I'm very happy with the results however am still numb around the incision and much of the stomach and butt area.

I gotta say that I didn't really expect the look of my outer thighs but I'll take it.  They actually hurt at times I think due to the weight of them...has anyone else had that occur?

Hope you all have a merry christmas and to all the post ops, it's all worth while!  I've put 4 pics up but can't seem to get them on the post...they are on my profile if you'd like to see.

Lori

newalpha
on 12/23/11 7:19 am, edited 12/23/11 8:07 am
Lori, thank you for posting. I hope everything is going great at the 6 month mark!!! I had a LBL and Mini Medial Thigh Lift 2 weeks ago on 12-8, I'm swollen a conservative 4 inches above the incision line. Is this totally abnormal? Wonder when I can expect the blimp to go
;
Steve
lbaetz
on 12/23/11 8:47 am - St. Thomas, Canada
The swelling was a big issue for me as well.  It took me a good 2 months till I saw it start to go down.  Freaked me out a little
waitinggame
on 12/23/11 9:55 am - Bowie, MD
Hey Steve! First, I have to say that I have enjoyed the humor in your posts. Much like you, I'm a big believer that we either laugh or cry!! I wanted to ask--when you say swollen 4" above the incision line, do you mean you are swollen from the incision line to 4" above it, or that it is jutting out 4"? Wanted to be sure I'm understanding it right. Most of my swelling has been to the backside and to a much lesser extent the front. I very much enjoy the look of the junk in the trunk, just not the feeling!!

Hope you are feeling well!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

newalpha
on 12/23/11 8:13 pm
Hey Denise, actually both. The area is about 4 inches wide but my girth " oh what a descript word" is atleast 4 inches larger. Sorry Lori for the hi- jack.

Steve
waitinggame
on 12/24/11 12:30 am - Bowie, MD
Where are my manners?? Sorry for the hijack!!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

*6.5 lost preop

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 7:38 am
 Hi Lori!  You and I had our LBL surgery around the same time as I am also 6 mths. out.  I am still numb around the incision and the areas you described and sometimes it's funny as I bump into something and don't realize it!

You mentioned about the look of your outer thighs and that some times they hurt - my outer thighs look identical and yes, I have some slight pain or tingling in them every so often.  In my case, I wanted an outer thigh lift but was told by 3 PS's that I needed the LBL.  It didn't help my outer thighs and so I'm having a revision December 27.  I'm hoping to get the result I originally planned on.  I'll be posting the results - the first two weeks due to swelling I couldn't tell much so I'm not sure this time the timetable.

Merry Christmas to You!
Gracie150
waitinggame
on 12/23/11 9:50 am - Bowie, MD
I really appreciate your post. It is such a nerve wracking process and knowing that other people are experiencing similar things is really reassuring. I'm about 3-1/2 months out and am very numb around my waist and part of the old hind end--so much so that at times that my pants are falling off and I can't even tell!! I see my surgeon next week to talk about revisions to my thighs and mons, and possibly my breasts. I can't believe I may be facing down more surgery, but like Gracie, I'm just not happy with my outer thighs and feel I was supposed to have those addressed and they weren't. Your front facing pics show a very curvy look, which is nice. I need to hit your profile cause a couple of these pics were tiny and on this stupid laptop look like postage stamps!!

Thanks so much for posting. I keep trying to tell my surgeon how much I appreciate the improvement that has occurred, but for 23K I think I should have all my expectations met. I didn't set the bar, the surgeon did, so we are going to have a good conversation next week.

Merry Christmas to you and enjoy that pretty, flat belly!!

Denise

*6.5 lost preop

Laura in Texas
on 12/23/11 11:08 am
Hi, Lori, my plastic surgery sister!! 

You look great. My thighs look a lot like yours. Mine do not hurt, though.

Glad you're doing well.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lee ~
on 12/24/11 4:18 am - CA
 You have a beautiful curvy shape.  You must be really happy about that.

I have my LBL two weeks ago.  Dr. Sauceda lipoed two liters of fat from my saddlebags and thights.  Right now I'm smooth as a baby with very little swelling.  We'll see what happens in six months.

Rveryone said the lipo would really hurt and burn, but it hasn't. I had a thigh lift with my LBL and I think it made all the difference.

I hope you end up with the results you want!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active