Anyone have plastics in their 60"s?

calgal
on 11/8/11 10:52 am - socal, CA
 Hi,
I am 64 in 3 months and am very nervous about having plastics at my age.
I would love to have a LBL, but think it is too much for me..and I definitley want my arms, uppers and lowers done, a neck lift and breasts.
Anyone out there my age having P.S.?
My first consultation will be with Dr. Timothy Katzen , then probably Dr. Agha.
Thank you,
Sally

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

newalpha
on 11/8/11 6:40 pm
I'm 55.5 and preparing for plastics on 12-8. I'm getting a LBL no muscle tightening and a medial thigh lift mini crescent cut. I think physical condition (hopefully good) is the real concern.
Steve
Lee ~
on 11/8/11 10:14 pm - CA
I turned 61 in October.  I'm having plastics 1 month from today in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Sauceda.  I won't know until I get there what I'll be having but planning on LBL, Arms, Thighs and Breasts with a face lift a few days later.  I'm planning on many months of really taking it easy post-op.  I have a desk job that is not strenuous at all.  I can close the door to my private office and really be left alone.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Ms Shell
on 11/8/11 11:41 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Please don't let your age STOP you from getting it down (unless there are health reasons).  If you CAN do it...do IT...you've come this far and if the ability to take your life to another level is out there...TAKE it...you DESERVE it!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

siberiancat
on 11/9/11 1:40 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I was 61 when I had fleur de lis TT and brachioplasty.  I'm at goal and labs are great.  I did have a tissue necrosis resulting in a large open wound that took a couple months to close.  I'm 5 1/2 months post plastics and my tummy is still really sore.  It does limit my activity  - especially lifting/pushing.

I don't think the complication had anything to do with age.  My TT was very extensive and takes months to heal.  I do have pics if you want to click on avitar pic or my name.

I am not going to have any more plastic surgery.  I can cover everything with clothes.  The open wound was not a good experience.  My thighs have gobs of loose skin, but I look fine in pants - so just going to live with it.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

proudauntie
on 11/9/11 7:02 am - Honolulu, HI

I will be 60 on Monday and have had 4 surgeries in the past two years.  First I had an arm lift, then a TT (insurance paid for that one), then decided to do my thighs because of the rubbing and thought while I'm doing that I might as well have a breast lift (which I'm thrilled with), and then I decided to do my neck and lower eyes and then decided to do a face lift at the same time.  I haven't had any problems with recovery but then again I'm in better shape physically than I have been since my mid 20s.  On Thursday, I'm having facial fat grafting - should be interesting!  And in the summer of next year the final - a butt lift (mainly to get rid of the extra skin on my hips).  So obviously I'd say go for it.  I'm having a wonderful time doing things I never thought I'd do - zip lining, 10Ks, kayaking, and shopping in the petite section!  My suggestion is to get your muscels as strong as you can before the surgery which will make all the difference in your recovery.

Linda R.
on 11/9/11 8:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Hi Sally,

I am 64, turning 65 in January, and I just had a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift on 27 Sept '11.  

I understand completely your thoughts about this.  I was thinking the same thing..."am I too old to get this?"  "Do I really need to spend all this money?" "What am I thinking?" "Is this a wise move at my age?"

I couldn't wrap myself around spending that much money on myself.  After much thought, and countless discussions with supportive family and friends, I finally decided that I was worth it and I went for it.  I have absolutely no regrets, I feel amazing.  I just past my 6 week mark and can't believe how well it all went.  I had full trust in my surgeon and I knew he would take good care of me.  I too want my arms done, hopefully some time next year, and have no hesitation to go back again and I will be 65 by then.

You are worth it...you have had a long journey to get where you are, and you deserve doing this for yourself.

Let us know how the consultations go...and stay positive.

Take care...Linda

Weight:  Highest 332, Consult 303, Surgery 288, Current 162, Goal 152 - I LOVE MY VSG!!
VSG - 29 Jul 2008.  Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift - Sep 2011, Arm Lift - Nov 2012 (Dr. H. Silverman, Ottawa)

SoonSkinnyDonna
on 11/10/11 5:02 am - Dana Point, CA
 Hi - I will be 66 next month and just had my facelift, neck, eyes, and arms done in Mexicali.  I live in Dana Point so it was  an easy three hour drive.  It has been 7 weeks since my surgeries and I'm finally getting to where I don't need any pain meds - arm scars are looking pretty good & face is more moveable although still tight when I smile.  

Any questions I can answer - let me know - I used Dr. Manuel Bello since he was quite a bit less expensive and the hospital there in Mexicali is great - my husband had his sleeve gastro there & we were both super impressed then so were glad to get the recommendation for Dr. Bello - who specializes in facelifts.

SoonSkinnyDonna

HW 255 SW 240 CW 158
-- & lookin good! next goal - no flabby skin?

ilse72
on 11/13/11 12:19 pm - AL
I was two months shy of my 60th birthday when I had my TT and BA.  I had no pain, no problems and am so happy I had the surgery.  If you want it, go for it!

Height 5'1"  ~~~   Current weight 98 pounds.
Surgeon's goal 118 pounds (met March 18, 2009). 
My goal 105 pounds, met July 15, 2009.
Crazeru
on 11/13/11 12:51 pm
I was 58 when I had my LBL, BL, arms and medial thigh lift with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  4 days later I had a full neck & face lift.  I turned 59, 4 mo after my surgery.  I did protein load for a month before surgery and for 3-4 months after my PS.  I had a pretty text book recovery.  I did take 8 weeks off and it was another couple of months before I started feeling like I had any energy.  Plastics really helped my self-image and self-esteem.  It was worth every penny I spent.  It would be hard to say what I like the best about my new body and face.  I love my new bewbies, my flat tummy, no more turkey neck and jowls, puffy under eyes and drooping upper lids.  I look as good as I feel now. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active