How do you know when it's just skin?

mascharnhorst
on 11/3/11 11:07 am - Wichita, KS
How do you know if your "gut" is still fat or it's just skin?  Is it by how much it hangs down, how much you can pinch?  I don't want to waste time and money seeking plastic surgery I'm not ready for.  And if possible I want to get it covered by my BCBS Federal.

NoMore B.
on 11/3/11 12:15 pm
Just skin is never "just skin".  There is excess tissue and some fat attached to the skin, so it might not look like what you expect just skin to be. 

The real way to know when you are ready  is when are you done losing and at a stable weight.   Plastic surgeons are going to want your weight to be stable for at least 3 - 6 months, sometimes longer.  You can always have a consult and have a surgeon look at you to get their opinion on how much excess skin you have and what improvement you can expect.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 12:41 am
I am 7 weeks post op from having a tummy tuck and BCBS federal paid it all.  Dr. sent in pictures and I had a note from my primary doctor stating that I had yeast infections under the hanging skin.  Good Luck...and if you can pinch and have hanging skin it's fat...you will feel so much better after the tummy tuck.
Most Active