Fleur de Lis TT in less than 12 hours!

Lizzy25
on 10/27/11 2:31 pm
Yikes! I'm so excited I can't even think about going to sleep! I spent the first part of the day running around, picking up prescriptions, grocery shopping, and ordering all of Queen Latifah's movies off of amazon (love her). Then I spent all afternoon cooking up a storm and freezing portions so that I don't have to eat my mom's cooking. Love her dearly, but cooking is not her strong point. Made a lamb shepard's pie, black bean soup, meyer lemon curd for spreading on toast (naughty, I know, but they were on sale!), and cut up a bunch of fruit for smoothies.

OK, have you guys been watching the Discovery Health channel? They have a ton of borderline trashy shows ("I didn't know I was pregnant", "secretly pregnant", etc) but they have a new one called "My Naked Secret" about people who have body issues like excess skin due to massive weight loss (HELLO!), severe acne, no teeth, etc. And it's about them getting those issues dealt with by a team of professionals. It shows their transformation. I'm set to start TiVo-ing it because I'll be living my own version!!

Anyway, I just downed a shot of wild-cherry flavored Milk of Magnesia, because people on the board here recommended going into it with a clean colon. Is it horrible that I found it absolutely delicious? I'm such a sucker for flavored medicines. Speaking of, I was STOKED when my pharmacist handed me my liquid antibiotics (the pills are too big) and I realized it was THE PINK BUBBLEGUM MEDICINE!!! Talk about flashback to childhood! 

My surgeon is gonna dose me with a very small amount of clotting factor during surgery so that I don't bleed excessively. I do have a mild bleeding issue according to my blood tests. But they don't want to give me too much clotting factor and CAUSE a blood clot, because I'll be sedentary for a loooong time after surgery. We hired a private nurse to spend the first 2 nights with me, so that I can be closely watched for complications. It was still cheaper than staying in the hospital for a night.

I will be taking a pain medication called Ultram instead of percocet, since the percocet caused a lot of vomiting for me last time. I'm hoping it will work well. Has anyone taken it before? I'm not that nervous about the pain because I shelled out the extra $400 for a pain pump, so I should be relatively comfortable for the first 3 days (those were the doctor's words, but I know HE hasn't had a tummy tuck, so we'll see).

I'm actually wishing I could do my recovery at the VA hospital, on the floor with all the elderly veteran patients where I volunteer twice a week. The nurses there are awesome, the hospital itself is quite nice, and the guys are sweet and hilarious. I'm really going to miss not seeing them for a couple weeks. They never fail to make me laugh. This last week I had the following conversation with a veteran who was probably 85 years old, lost both legs to diabetes, suffering from cancer, was in hospice care:
Him: Do you have a husband?
Me: No, not yet.
Him: What about a boyfriend?
Me: No boyfriend either.
Him: Well.... are you intact?
*moment of silence while I process his statement, searching for a non-perverted interpretation.*
Me: You'd better be talking about my sanity, which indeed is intact, thankyouverymuch. You dirty old man!
Him: Well honey I'll be your boyfriend! I've got a motor scooter, I could keep up with you!

It's nice to know that I have options. haha!!

Anyway, I'm constantly distracting myself because thinking about my TT directly is causing me all sorts of butterflies. I need to watch a movie or some Oprah.

I have posted my official "before" TT pics in my album so if you're my friend go ahead and check em out. I was too lazy to photoshop out my vagina so it's full-monty, deal with it. My PS told me not to shave my hoo-hoo for a couple weeks before so that he can see where my pubic line is more clearly, but I'm a dumb bimbo and forgot and shaved it last weekend so I'm contemplating just using a sharpie to draw in where the hair usually grows. Tasteless? I have a little bit of stubble so hopefully he'll be able to get his magnifying glass out and make an educated guess.

Holy moley, that milk of magnesia sure does work quick!! Huge thanks to everyone here who has supported me and offered invaluable advice and tips so far!! I'll post again very soon. Oh geez, I gotta go take some measurements too! I saw someone else did it on here and it'll be nice to see exactly how many inches I lose. Dare I hope for a waist that's smaller than 30 inches? Probably  a pipe dream. We shall see!

"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 3:18 pm
hey girl im sending you all my love and well wishes and i know you are going to be soooo happy with the results...good luck and keep us updated!!!!
J G.
on 10/27/11 3:23 pm
so I'm contemplating just using a sharpie to draw in where the hair usually grows. Tasteless? I have a little bit of stubble so hopefully he'll be able to get his magnifying glass out and make an educated guess.

Ah, Lizzy, you're cracking me  up here.  But you're absolutely right.  You're paying him enough, he ought to be able to figure out the pubic line!  You'll just give him a little help.  Good idea!

Hope all that flavored medicine works. I had Ultram.  It was great.  Got me thru the nite after my hernia surgery.  Hope it works for you, too.  Best of luck, Jenny

pixielee
on 10/27/11 10:52 pm - Twinsburg, OH
Sending you good thoughts.  Hope all goes well and I will be looking forward to your posts.  You always make me smile.  You seriously should think about writing as a career.

Kate

Stella S.
on 10/27/11 11:00 pm
Sounds like you are good to go!  Good luck and cannot wait to hear about your day. 

Wishing you a smooth recovery! 
Lee ~
on 10/27/11 11:50 pm - CA
Lizzy, you little rock star!  I have visions of you riding on that motor scooter with the vet! 

Last night I watched the Naked Secrets about the woman with large breasts.  The night before I watched a different show on that channel about a woman who weighs over 600 pounds, is bed bound and her daughters keep enabling her by bringing her food, even while having a doctor come to the house once a week to help her shed 100 pounds so she can have WLS.  When I think I have this addiction bad, I realize that I'm just the tip of the addicted iceberg.

I'm sending you so much love and good thoughts that today will go perfectly for you.  I've watched your journey to get to this TT and you certainly deserve that flat tummy.

I'm off to look at your before shots and will await your afters.  Keep us updated on how you're doing and recommend any good trashy movies that you watch during your recovery.  You'll get your dream of a waist under 30!   I'm hoping for the same.  Mine has been hanging at 30" for a long time now.  I'm ready for Dr. S to work his magic and make it shrink! :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

PBJ
on 10/27/11 11:51 pm
sending you lots of good thoughts!!  I know that you are so excited for this..and you should be!  I can't wait to hear all about it. (Mine is Jan 11th)..so I want details!!  Seriously...I hope you recovery is smooth and that your stomac turns out to be everything you dreamed of and more!!  Get lots of rest and don't forget to take your pain meds!  (keep on top of that pain)  I am going to send you a friend request..I would love to see your before and after photos.

can't wait to hear how you do...please keep us posted.

Best of luck to you

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
dommiepa
on 10/28/11 1:42 am - Towanda, PA
good luck.  I am in the waiting stges for insurance to see what they will cover to get my own Fleur De Lis.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 2:27 am
I know your excited and you should be, you'll be a new person when you wake up. sounds like you got plenty of food ready to go. I noticed you had the VSG like I did, I  reccommend you have a few protein shakes around ready to go as I just couldn't really eat anything for a few days myself. I had extended TT, hernia & gynecomastia, I wore two abdominal binders one on bottom and one up top. I got stuck a couple times trying to eat regular food and had to loosen up my binder to let food go down. I think all the swelling, the binders, and my sleeve on top of everything else made it really hard to eat. That first week was protein shakes crackers and yogurt. I hope your experience is easier than mine.

I too found the cherry milk of magnesia tasty, after 8 days with no movement I was pretty mych drinking straight from bottle at that point. I have a bunch of ULTRAM in my cabinet now. I will say I think I have a decent pain threshold and like a little pain to know I'm alive but don't like to suffer to much either. I think your going to have to hit that ultram pretty good to control your pain. I had 10mg Hydrocodone which was pretty good for me, the ultram was from my GP for sorenes whenI got more active and back to work. I know 4-5 people that take it regular for pain and it's pretty decent for like a 1-5 pain in my opinion. Glad you got the pain pump, you can pump the pain away seems appropiately named.

Yes watch out for blood clots (I should know) if it hurts funny, weird whatever dial 911 or get to ER. Saved my life.

I think it's great you volunteer at VA hosptial, means you have a big heart. I start dog walking at local animal shelter next week, wanted to do this for years but now feel like I can follow through on it.

Good luck and speedy recovery
Bubba

Lizzy25
on 10/28/11 10:09 pm
Thanks for the advice! Yes I definitely notice that I can't eat as much as I could before, and last night I suffered mightily for it. It's good to know that the ultram worked well for you. They have me on perceocet right now but I'm going ask them to switch me over to the ultram because it supposedly doens't constipate you. And I almost died on the toilet last night. Which is another post I'm about to write right now!!! You're very kind, I love your posts. I'm sending you a friend request!! (And your'e the only guy I'm friending, because I usually am a little hesitant about dudes seeing my nude pics. But you've been through all the same things as me and you're one of the nicest guys around so I don't mind one bit!)
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Most Active