4 wk update and still low energy - anyone else?

philliesphan
on 9/14/11 11:14 pm
OK - 4 wks out from TT/LBL!  I'm very happy with the result and will post pics as soon as I take some.  I still find myself having very little energy though.  I'm taking iron as prescribed after surgery - no more pain meds as of about 2 days ago... truth be told I could have taken tylenol but kinda liked the lortab...  Could that be zapping my energy?  I really haven't done much in the past 4 wks but lay around the house and go out just to run simple errands.  I get really tired after about an hour of activity and I'm talking just doing things around the house - I'm not exercising at all and have lost weight - probably because I'm not hungry because I'm not moving, eating around 1200 cals/day and return to work next wk (sit down job)...

When did you guys get your energy back???  Thanks! --Carolyn

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Carolinagirl162
on 9/15/11 1:12 am - Fuquay-Varina, NC
It took the full 6 weeks for me.  I do think the laying around part makes it a little worse, but is necessary to heal.  I am 8 weeks today and feel like I am back to 100%... now just waiting on Phase 2 next month!

Leigh Ann

LBL - July 2011; BL, BA, Arm lift - Oct 2011; scar revisions and implant exchange-Jan 2012; thigh lift - Oct 2012.. all done by Dr. Richard Carlino

philliesphan
on 9/15/11 2:33 am
Lazing around is definitely a double-edged sword!  I'm going to try and push myself a bit more. 

Good luck on phase II - very exciting!!!

siberiancat
on 9/15/11 1:23 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I'm 3 1/2 months post fleur de lis TT & brachioplasty.  I did have a complication of necrosis resulting in open wound in belly for 2 months, so that slowed things down.

I still don't have my energy back.  I'm not 100%.  I still need 8 hours sleep, take it easy after work and on weekends.  I'm still get minimum of 100gm protein a day and taking extra Vitamin C.  My belly aches and is tight by the end of the day.

I'm also older (62) so that probably is a factor too.  I've heard it can take a year to get "back to normal" after such extensive surgery.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

philliesphan
on 9/15/11 2:36 am
Sometimes I forget this was such an extensive procedure...  I think it's great to get 8 hours of sleep though! 

mkbeany
on 9/15/11 1:31 am
Hey girlie. I'm right behind you.

3 1/2 weeks out.

First day back at work today and feeling good.
 But I am bagged by the afternoons.
We'll see if I can make it for the full 8 hr day!

I go to bed early.

I dropped the narcotics about 10 days out and switched to Tylenol only. That helped.

It takes a while to get your mojo back.

This is no small surgery we are trying to recover from.

But I am trying to eat 1500 cals a day and move my ass. It makes me feel more normal.

I am better every day...but I have a ways to go to be the energetic fool I was pre-op!!
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
philliesphan
on 9/15/11 2:38 am
That's great that you're back to work! 

I want my mojo back!!! 

wings
on 9/15/11 8:03 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
My energy suddenly came back at around 6-wks but I am not 100% and worn out at end of day. 

My PS says because of my age (49), It will take 6-months to a year for me to completely heal and get back to 100%. 

It is different with everyone.  Take it one day at a time and please don't let yourself stay in pain.  I push the limits because I am afraid of addiction but my doc says not to worry he weans off his pateints and does not want me to be in pain because of my heart. 

I lost my appetite too and its starting to return off and on right now. Just make sure you are drinking enough and getting enough protein. 

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Crazeru
on 9/16/11 8:09 am, edited 9/16/11 8:09 am

About the 3mo mark, I was actually feeling much better.  I'd bumped my protein up to 175-200g/daily a month before and for 3-4mo after surgery.  If I don't get enough sleep, I drag and I'm 8mo out.  I'm also 59, so old age is part of it too!  Plus, I had almost every done at once.  I've been out dancing since the end of April, 2-4 nights/week.  I was also taking 2 ProferrinES and 12 tender iron, 1-poly.  Which I do think helped.

Listen to your body, if it wants to rest or a quick nap, do it.  ETA, one of my little naps was 3hrs, so I'm sure I was extremely pooped, my body took over and kept me out.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active