Please help!! Full or Mini Tummy tuck?

linzi
on 9/13/11 12:57 am
I have been looking into tummy tuck surgery and have recieved quotes for it the surgeon has seen photographs of my tummy and says i could go for a mini tummy tuck; i am wondering has anyone else had one of these? I have a gastric band and have so far lost 72lbs i am planning on losing around another 9 to 10lbs by christmas beofre surgery. What are the effects of the mini verus the full? i am so unsure and don't want to make the wrong decision does anyone have any before and after pictures also of the full or mini tt
thank you for any help
xxxx
linzi       
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 11:27 pm - Yorktown, VA
Have you not met with your PS in person?  Is he too far for an in-person consult?

I'd really want to know, explicitly, from him how he does each procedure and how they differ.  You don't want to assume you know what you're getting because what he considers a "mini tummy tuck" might be different from what someone else calls it.

It also sounds like you've not seen any of your surgeons before and afters.  You want to make sure you see samples of HIS work for the exact procedure you are having him do.  You also want pics that are 6 months or more out....not just immediate pre-op where everything is nice and tight due to swelling.

Have you consulted with more than one PS?  You need to at least see 2 or 3 to get varying opinions on your body, viable procedures, etc.

Good luck!
Stacif
on 9/14/11 5:11 am - OR
Hi, I'm new to the plastics board as I am getting ready to have a mini tummy tuck with smart lipo in November.  I'm 5'4 and 147lbs, I wear a size 6 and I carry my weight in my mid section.  I spoke to several surgeons and they all asked me the same question.  Do you want to wear a bikini again?  At 44 I said no I just want to look good in clothes and don't want my sagging stomach showing through.  they have all pretty much recommended the mini with the smart lipo.  The down time is much less which works for me.  Not sure if that helps or not.  Best of luck in your decision
Staci
Most Active