Before & After Fleur de lis & brachioplasty - FINALLY

siberiancat
on 8/15/11 7:19 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
My "open wound" from tissue necrosis is finally closed.There are a couple of scabs but nothing to be "gross."

You can click on my name or avitar picture and look at photos.  Before and After for the recent photos.  There are also pics of my "open wound" - WARNING - don't look at those unless you have a strong stomach.

My tummy still "aches" alot. (I'm 11 weeks post op).   I'm returning to normal activities, but still issues with lifting, walking long distances, etc.  It feels like I'm soooo TIGHT!  I feel like I have a really restrictive compression garment on my abdomen and need to take it off - but I haven't worn one for 3 weeks now!!  Maybe this is the "new me" feeling for my belly???

I'm having some massage to loosten things up and improve lympth and oxygen (blood) flow to help healing.  I used a "chi machine" for 2 weeks to help with blood flow to the belly.

I am VERY pleased with the results - but it makes my butt, boobs and thighs look terrible .  I don't think I will have any more plastic surgery.  I'm 62 years old and just don't know if I want to go through the pain and slow healing I had with this fleur de lis abdominoplasty and brachioplasty - big surgeries, alot of pain, complications, and being SO TIRED and lacking energy.

Anyway - best wishes to all of you pre and post op.  Blessings, Penny
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

prek-3
on 8/15/11 7:27 am - Hollywood, FL
Penny,
You have such a tiny itty bitty waist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look wonderful! Glad to see how much better that healing is coming along too!!!! Whata trooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

siberiancat
on 8/15/11 7:45 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I admit - my waist does look small.  I can hardly believe the "sculpting" job my surgeon did.  He told me the morning after surgery he "took off 4 inches".  I didn't really know what he was talking about until my first post op visit - then I asked him and he said he took 4 inches off my waist measurement.  I couldn't tell it then, but my jeans do show that my waist is much smaller.

Good incentive to eat appropriately and keep it that way!

thanks for your comments.
 Penny

mkbeany
on 8/15/11 7:58 am
Penny, I know you have been thru the wringer but Wow...
What a nice shape!
Just a really nice job.

Thanks for sharing.

May the days keep getting better for you.

PS...I want a waist like that when I'm 62.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
garnet408
on 8/15/11 8:39 am - Tampa , FL
U look wonderful... sorry it came with so much pain...
hoping that u will soon feel better.
Having my tummy tuck on the 8/24...   i am 60 so  i am worried if my age will create an issue...
did  insurance cover any of the procedures???
anna

Anna

siberiancat
on 8/15/11 10:36 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
No help from insurance, but there is a HUGE discount from plastic surgeon, anesthesia and hospital when  you pay cash.

It is so worth it.  Be in the best shape you can be.  Increase protein a month before surgery (I upped to 130 gm a day).  Exercise and have strength in your legs.  Make sure labs are good from a bariatric standpoint and take appropriate vitamins & supplements.

I was trying to not eat processed foods and omitted white sugar, white flour, white  potatoes, white rice, pasta, junk food & fast food.  I wanted to be in best health possible.  I ate protein and veggies, fruit or 100% whole grain at every meal and planned snack.

Make sure you are "healthy emotionally" too.  The surgery is traumatic and I wanted "comfort" food (the kind that made me morbidly obese) and had to fight those emotional head hunger issues.  Also, had a few weeks of depression.  I don't know the type of incision you will be having - but my fleur de lis with muscle resculpting and arm lift at the same time was really rough on me.

I'm 62 and my body doesn't just "bounce back" like it did 30 years ago.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.
 Penny

philliesphan
on 8/15/11 10:47 am
I think you look great and you have a beautiful waistline. Thank you so much for the great advice!

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 12:30 pm
You look AMAZING, PENNY..!!

DO HAPPY THAT OPEN WOUND HASHEALED..!
pixielee
on 8/15/11 10:19 pm - Twinsburg, OH
You look FANTASTIC!!!  I have truly appreciated you sharing your journey. 

Kate

Laura in Texas
on 8/15/11 10:26 pm
You look fabulous!! It is obviously a testament to the great care you are taking of yourself. Glad your wound is healed. Enjoy the "new" you!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active