I don't have a recliner for post LBL/TT - recommendations?

philliesphan
on 8/10/11 2:19 am
Please don't laugh but now I'm getting really nervous that there's no recliner in the house.  I do have every memory foam back pillow ever invented including the wedge.  Do you sleep in a recliner b/c it's uncomfortable to lay down, easier to get up or both???  Do you think the wedge is enough, maybe 2?
Thanks!

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

prek-3
on 8/10/11 3:09 am - Hollywood, FL
yes recliner is easier and comfortable. I borrowed my friends. Some people rent them. After1 1/2 weeks I finally slept in my bed and was soooooo happy to do so. In bed with pillows and I used those pillow wedges under my knees as I was slipping in the bed and would get numb.

I bought a walker from a thrift store for $3.00 and a raised toliet seat for $20. in excellant condition! The walker helped to get up and stretch up right after hours (so it felt like) of sitting! Walker I also used in shower to help me prop myself over to wash my hair. And my raised toliet seat sure did make me HAPPYYYY!

Stool Softener, Protein shakes at least for 1 day, after that I used my greek yogurt (23 gr. protein) and I would add a high fiber cereal to it (even in my shake). Had my bowel movement
on day 3! You do not want to be straining. So I took the stool softener 3x a day.

When is your surgery? I'm sure more will be chimming in soon,
Prek3
Carmen

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

fatoldbat
on 8/10/11 5:56 am
hey Carmen!

my TT will be 9/6/11....i'm wondering about the laxative situation....as it is now i have to use miralax in my protein shake every day of my life just to keep things moving along.....wondering what i need to do.....double the dose???
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
prek-3
on 8/10/11 7:22 am - Hollywood, FL
fatoldbat,
I have always been rather regular. I eat super clean, and I get 25 grams of Fiber in everyday. So it didn't take me very long to have a BM after surgery. Immediately after surgery I popped a pain pill and 2 stoole softeners with a protien drink (wasn't hungry of course right after, but I knew I needed something good in me right away.. I took  2 Stoole Softeners at least 3 x a day. Talk to your doctor about this. I even took my cereal, a high fiber one, and blended it into my protien shake. I made sure to get both in!!!

We don't need to be straining and engaging those abbs so soon after. Yes, it took me 45 minutes the first time, but no straining involved!!!

****I love your screen name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Bertrand765
on 8/10/11 4:32 am
I do have a recliner at home, but didn't use it near as much as I thought I would. I actually didn't like sitting in it because I felt too upright. I did best on the couch with TONS of pillows keeping me propped up. I spent at least the first week sleeping there as well. Don't freak out about not having a recliner. I think with all the pillows you have (and yes it feels even better if you keep one under your knees too!)you'll be fine. Just keep your self propped and I think you won't need the chair. If its really got you in a panic, just borrow one from a friend. Keep us updated! Your day will be here before you know it!!!
Elle

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 4:40 am - WI
I was in a hotel for 10 days after surgery and didn't have a recliner. I slept in the bed from the start, if I was watching TV or reading I would prop pillows up behind me. I'm 6'2" so that probably made it easier getting in and out of bed tho....
Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/10/11 4:50 am
I had the Anchor Cut TT/LBL and full Thigh Lift and I didn't have a recliner either.  I slept in the bed with lots of pillows behind my head and a pillow under my knees.  I did fine. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

philliesphan
on 8/10/11 5:58 am
Iam_with_the_Band - great name!

philliesphan
on 8/10/11 5:16 am
Thanks all !!!  My surgery is the 16th - a week from yesterday.  I'll be in the hospital for one night and home the next day and hope to sleep a lot.

Borrowed a walker & brought benedryl - check.. still drink protein drinks - check! ...   and made chicken soup to freeze.

Still need stool softener (great idea) and miralax Thanks again for all your words of wisdom - so helpful! 

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 7:02 am - WI
One other thing I'd recommend is a folding chair for in the shower. Trying to wash around all the drains and the constant pulling from the tight stomach made taking a shower tiring, the chair was a godsend for the 1st couple of days.
Most Active