Finally! It's Time! LBL and Lipo of the Thighs

luvscessna
on 7/23/11 1:39 am, edited 7/23/11 1:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hello!
I have been a stalker on here for what seems like forever! Now it's my turn!

I am waiting for the call as to when it is scheduled, but should be before Aug 10th.

I am using a Residency Program at UT Southwestern University Dallas.
I am so ready for this!

Does anyone know where the list of recommended items to take with you to the hospital or the one for items for your home for aftercare? I thought I saved them, but now can't find them.

I really wanted to go to Mexico with DR S, but with the violence - hubby and I came to an agreement. The Residency program will do 3 surgeries over time and the pricing that I have been given for all 3 is equal to what DR S was going to charge without airfare or concern about after care issues. Yes the surgery is with students, but Dr Lee is a 7 year Chief Resident and there will be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in with him. I feel very comfortable with this process.

Gail
Beginning Weight 252
Current Weight 160
Sleeve 9/2008

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

Laura in Texas
on 7/23/11 1:53 am
I'm 3.5 weeks out from a lower body lift and breast lift. I brought protein drinks to the hospital because I knew hospital food in particular would not interest me. I stayed 2 nights in the hospital but slept most of that time so I did not need much. For home, my high rise toilet seat and adjustable bed were my most helpful items.

It sounds like you made the best choice for you. I was also considering Dr. S but with 2 small children at home and my worry about aftercare, I just couldn't justify going there.

Congrats!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

luvscessna
on 7/23/11 1:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you!
They had me fill put a form for a menu. Plus I have to get on a protein supplement until after surgery. I have tried the Ensure Protein drink. It has 25 grams and only 5 grams of sugar. Plus it tastes great!
How are your incisions healing? I will have 2 drains, he said plan on 2 weeks, but depends on how much they put out of course. No mention of any compression garments yet.
My last surgery will be my arms and a breast lift. Not sure if I will put in an insert yet. Don't want bigger, just put them where they are supposed to be. :)

Gail
Laura in Texas
on 7/23/11 2:05 am
My incisions are healing nicely. I had 2 drains for my lbl and they were removed on day 10. I am wearing THIS compression garment but at the 4 week mark, I can switch to a Spanx-type garment. I did arms first. I think that was my favorite part of my transformation. I will be getting breast implant next. I miss the fullness on top and want to feel "feminine" again. My surgeon wants me to wait 6 months after the lift for the best results.

So excited for you!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active