HELP! small opening on incision 5 weeks post op TT

tanya72100
on 7/17/11 12:36 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
I have had a small opening on my incision since about 12 days out. I have talked to my ps and they said it was normal. I have a TT with contouring. I had 8 lbs of skin removed. The small opening is closing slowly but nicely BUT my problem is now i have a small opening about an inch or so above that. Im not sure what i can do to speed up healing. Im doing lots of protein, water and trying to be as careful as possible! Any suggestions would be greatly appericated!!

fiddledd
on 7/17/11 2:55 pm

My mother had these types of wound healing problems for over a year.  A plastic surgeon finally told her to wash area with white dial soap and she healed in a couple of weeks.

aka Leech
jtsmom02
on 7/17/11 11:55 pm - Mineola, TX
I've got two small places right now and I'm just over 2 months out.  My stitches are still dissolving so I'm not worried!  I do keep antibiotic ointment on those places.  And I have a panty liner across that area in my underwear to catch the drainage.  I prefer that to bandaids.  

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

lbaetz
on 7/18/11 2:39 am - St. Thomas, Canada
I'm almost 4 weeks out and have I'd say 5 little spots that are still open.  My surgeon isn't worried so I'm keeping them covered with polysporin on them.  4 of them are around the back where I'm assuming they aren't healing as fast due to the fact that I'm sitting and lieing on them.

Lori

Most Active