Plastic surgery and stretch marks

newmerightnow
on 6/26/11 1:53 am - AK
As sad as it is, when I got pregnant with both my children I got really bad stretch marks.  I think I will be interested in getting the body lift after I lose the weight, but I was wondering how well this works for stretch marks. Unfortunately mine run all the way up 5-6 inch above my belly button, on my hip, rear..ect. My stomach looks like a road map, will plastic help???? Thanks ahead of time to all that reply. Enjoy your weekend.

siberiancat
on 6/26/11 3:10 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I'm one month post op fleur de lis tummy tuck and brachioplasty.

I did loose stretch marks above belly button (as well as open gallbladder & liver resection scar, hysterectomy scar and appendectomy scar.)  I DO still have stretch marks above pubic area.

And now a huge 21 inch scar from hip to hip and a 10 inch scar from public area to between breasts - as well as a 12 inch scar on each arm.

I'm older and don't care to "bare" my belly.  You might want to consider surgery incision types if you want a belly without scars or marks.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

newmerightnow
on 6/26/11 11:42 am - AK
Thank you!

proudmomof2
on 6/26/11 3:54 am - Eaton, OH
I was wondering the same thing.  I have terrible stretch marks as well and would love to NOT have them (I had my daughter at 21 so I have had to deal with these for 19 years).  Mine go past my belly button as well.  I have 2 PS consults this week and one on July 6th and I am anxious to see what they say.  I am not interested in showing my belly - but would just love to have a smooth looking stomach.

Lets cross our fingers! 
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
newmerightnow
on 6/26/11 8:37 am - AK
Please let me know what you find out. I will send you a friend request if I can figuar it out. I am still new at this. Thanks a bunch.

proudmomof2
on 6/26/11 11:32 am - Eaton, OH
I will let you know.  I also added you as a friend.

One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
NoMore B.
on 6/26/11 10:30 am, edited 6/26/11 10:31 am
 I had terrible stretch marks like you described.  They were deep, and wide, and a extended up a few inches above my belly button.

I had a LBL 7 weeks ago, and my skin is much better.  Most of the area where the stretch marks were is gone.  the highest ones were pulled down - I'm not stretch mark free now, but am left with just a few right above my pubic hair line.  They're covered by underwear or a bathing suit.

I have pictures on my profile if you want to see.

If you look, you will see a few small scars on my stomach - those are from my weight loss surgery.

proudmomof2
on 6/26/11 11:57 am - Eaton, OH
Joanne:

Thanks for sharing your pics.  I hope I have such success as you did.  You look great too!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 10:10 am - Yorktown, VA
I had 4 giant babies (over 10 pounds), so I am also COVERED in stretch marks.  Mine went almost all the way up to  my boobs.  They are obviously not going to remove that much skin, because then there would be nothing left!  So, I do still have stretch marks on my stomach.  The ones on my rear are gone. 

I've got post LBL pics up on my profile if you want to see them.
proudmomof2
on 6/30/11 10:13 am - Eaton, OH
I had my consult yesterday and come to find out I possibly have a hernia.  So, I have to get a CAT scan done Tuesday.  Good news is that if I do have a hernia, insurance will cover part of the surgery.  If she does have to repair the hernia, then I will have an inverted T incision which remove a lot of the stretch marks, She said I will still have a few that are on the sides but hopefully not much.  If I don't have a hernia, then I will just have the one incision from hip bone to hip bone and I will probably still have a few of the higher up stretch marks and this procedure will only pull them down.  So, either way, it seems I will still have some but obviously not as much as I have now...so I'm ready to go!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
Most Active