My Plastics was postponed because ....

godzilla
on 4/7/11 5:19 pm - Israel
My urine culture came back with E.Coli and although i am on antibiotics and will fini**** before the date, there is a risk as a catheter is inserted in the urethra.
My inhaler for my asthma is a steroid and can risk the healing immediately after the surgery.
My c-cut/bikini-line where the surgery will be done, is "rashy"/fungussy even after numerous creams and a risk if "untreated" so I have to retreat it and next week the hospital will call with a new date 2-3 weeks from now.
And I have hernias from all my previous surgeries being "open".
Oh and there is a medical doctor hospital strile being planned throughout the country!
Mikimi in Israel

shellymor
on 4/7/11 8:06 pm - TX
Awww, Mikimi- so sorry to hear that. It is disappointing, but you don't want any conditions going on in you that can hinder your healing. I hope the strike doesn't happen!
godzilla
on 4/7/11 8:22 pm - Israel
Oh the strike is scheduled for M,T, W next week but my apptmt with reg surgeon in TH.
I plan on looking for Plastics docs after to make sure I have a date for surgery!
It's the waiting-not-knowing that is the hardest!

vanish
on 4/7/11 10:23 pm - MN
Oh no!  What an odd set of cir****tances all lumped together!?  You want to give yourself the best conditions in which to recover though as dissapointing as it may seem.  I know easy for me to say!  I hope is all resolves quickly and you get to just get it all done.

Tess
 RNY 12/28/09 

siberiancat
on 4/8/11 10:54 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Sorry to hear of your set backs.  I had plastics consult yesterday and just posted about it this morning - here and on RNY board.

Hope you get everything worked out.

Would like to hear from you more often - you don't post often anymore and I miss you!! 
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active