It's Wednesday!Im up how about you?

carlak
on 5/11/16 5:09 am - Bradenton, FL

Good Morning,

Im gearing up and can't have my coffee this morning. I have a scope this afternoon at around 1:30.

Ther r checking to see if the ulcer in my bypass is gone! I hope it is!!! I have to be at the hospital at 12:30.

Im going camping on Friday with a group of women from around the state. It should be a lot of fun! I got a new tent for Mother's Day.

image hosting site

carlak
on 5/11/16 5:11 am - Bradenton, FL

Sorry I didn't mean to end abruptly! 

'talk on and I'll check back later!

missing Vickie and Connie!

image hosting site

lightswitch
on 5/11/16 6:04 am

Happy Hump Day Ladies,

I am drinking my one and only cup of coffee....yes, I am down to one cup.  And, I have already drank almost half of my water bottle, which means I have drank half of my water requirement for the day. Yeah!

Some good news; watermelons are finally here and they are good quality...not AR watermelons, we won't get those until June/July but they are TX and CA so they are good....not picked too green.  Watermelons are the only fruit that I can eat without getting nauseated....and it's sweet too.  Go figure.

Well, I have to post grades so I better actually calculate them.

Have a good day.

Ready2goNOW
on 5/11/16 7:39 am

Good Morning Jeannie!

I have been doing good the past few days on my water, too. One step at a time! I am trying a different method...4 glasses by noon & 4 by dinner & anything after that is a bonus!

I also met my goal of walking 40 minutes/day, but darn are my knees killing me, too! And that's only 10-15 minutes more than what I was doing...makes no sense!

I love watermelon! Raspberries & watermelon are my 2 favorites. I used to eat alot of bananas, but didn't realize how high in carbs they were. So I focus on the raspberries almost year round & watermelon in summer.

I have been up for hours & accomplished most of my goals for today so I may be posting again later.

Enjoy your day!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 6:25 am

I'm up but running late.  headed to Y.  back later.

Ready2goNOW
on 5/11/16 7:41 am

Good Morning Linda!

Enjoy the Y & will look forward to hearing back from you!

Kathy

Ready2goNOW
on 5/11/16 7:21 am
On May 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM Pacific Time, carlak wrote:

Good Morning,

Im gearing up and can't have my coffee this morning. I have a scope this afternoon at around 1:30.

Ther r checking to see if the ulcer in my bypass is gone! I hope it is!!! I have to be at the hospital at 12:30.

Im going camping on Friday with a group of women from around the state. It should be a lot of fun! I got a new tent for Mother's Day.

Hi Carla! 

Hope your scope goes well...I hate those things! But sure beat an internal...lol!

We are hoping to do some camping this summer with Jazz. She has never gone. Right now we are still waiting for this crazy weather to warm up. Still in the 50s here...

Take care.

Kathy

Patricia R.
on 5/11/16 7:53 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Carla and OFF,

I increased my water yesterday, but didn't reach my goal, but did well.

I have a new food plan, so I need to get some groceries in today.  I also have to trade in soda cans and bottles.  All diet soda.  Michigan requires a 10 cent deposit on them.  I accumulated quite a bit while I was recuperating, and still have some.  It's such a pain to drag them to the store.

I love fruit, almost all of them, except raspberries.  LOL Kathy.  Your favorite is my least favorite.

I'm picking Izzy and Lincoln up at school, taking Izzy to her piano lesson, and then watching them for Trent and Colleen.  

Better scoot.  Too much to do.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 5/11/16 10:53 am - Evansville, IN

I remember the days of trading in cans and bottles in Michigan. Sometimes that's how I got my extra money when I was broke. Yeah, it's a pain to drag them back. Here, we just take them to the recycling center. No money back for them.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 9:47 am

Okay...I am home from the Y.  I go MWF at 9:00 am and work with Chris for an hour.  I get there early so I can do 20 min on the recumbent bike to warm up.  We usually work with free weights.  My reason for getting a trainer was 1.  to keep me motivated so I would actually do the work and 2. to learn some exercises I can do at home and on the road.  I have modified that a little.  After working with the weights for awhile I am concerned that without a spotter I could injure myself.  I am a little afraid of lifting in some of the positions all by myself.  So.....I have asked him to use these last 3-4 sessions to show me the equivalent exercises on the machines.  It would be difficult to do the exercises wrong or to injure myself on these.  I have learned several exercises I can do on the road and now need to be sure I have something I can do successfully on my own at the Y so I will continue to go and workout.  It would be great if I could have a trainer all the time but my bank account is suffering already so that is not an option.  In addition to the machines there are several good classes there both in and out of the water.  So I should have a good foundation to build on.  There is a Y in Sheridan but I won't be there until September.  Hope there is one in Cody where I will be in July and August.

I had two boiled eggs for breakfast and a little beef jerky after my workout.  Not hungry but in an hour or so I will make sure I eat something.  I promised my "sister from another mother" that we would go to Joe's crab shack tonight.  It is " all you can eat snow crab night" .  I will just get a regular order of queen crab and still have leftovers but she will definitely get the all you can eat.  She is a voracious eater and is slim.  I must give her credit though she works hard and walks a lot and also swims.  I need to prep some carrots for easy eating and will do that a little later.  I also love most fruit but am not a fan of raspberries.  I love blackberries but can't eat them anymore.  The seeds annoy me more than the eating is worth.  I do eat bananas even though they are high in carbs and calories.  They are also high in B Vitamins and potassium so I think they are worth it besides, they are my favorite fruit.

I guess that is all I am up to today.  Hope you all have a good day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 388 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views