It's Saturday and Cold here in Chicagoland!!!

carlak
on 4/23/16 6:45 am - Bradenton, FL

Good Morning!

Im waiting for Vinnie to wake up! we need to go to Starbucks for coffee, then come home and make Chocolste covered Matzah for tonight serdar at her other Grandmas!

Yesterday we Carl and I babysat all day. Jared went to work with Liz so she wouldn't be at the salon Alone.

We took Miss vin to target! that and 70.00 later!

Also went to unload my car at my nieces!!

Talk on I need to get up!!!

carla

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 4/23/16 7:28 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Carla,

I am in Pennsylvania for the weekend.  I was on the road all day yesterday, and didn't have a chance to check in.  

Mom is her ornery self.  *****ing at Sean and e the entire time I was at Eileen's last night, about 30 minutes.  Kind of her usual *****y self.  

Gonna Go bug mo now.

Hugs,

Hugs

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

ArleneG
on 4/23/16 8:43 am, edited 4/23/16 1:45 am

Sorry about your mom being her usual *****  self, Patricia.

Take care. Otherwise, hope you are enjoying your time in Philly.

Connie D.
on 4/23/16 1:31 pm

Hello Trish....I must have missed something...I don't remember you saying you were going to Pennsylvania. I am glad you made it there safely. I hope you managed some good time out of the trip. 

Sorry your mom is being her "usual ornery self". That must make it so much harder on you. I wish I had some words of wisdom. I know this hurts you. HUGS and PRAYERS!!

I am not sure when you are returning home. I want you to make it home safely. 

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 4/23/16 8:05 am

Good Morning Carla & Trish!

Glad it is warm here even w/occasional showers. Going into the 70s. We have been yard saling for a couple hours now. I have to pee so bad I can't get out again til I get to a restaurant... got enough anyhow.

I was proud of myself yesterday. Shopped in morning then came home and worked 3 hours gardening! Loved it, but more importantly did not need my nap. Amazing!

Trish, glad your home for a visit...enjoy your mom...smh.

Eileen, I hated all that 11th hour pressure at the shelter. Almost every Friday before I left some drama came up to delay me leaving.

Vickie, hope you are enjoying your grown up weekend!

Connie, keep getting out for your walks as they always seem to make you feel so much better!

Missing.Mary, Jeannie, the Cindy's & Linda.

Gotta go..

Kathy

ArleneG
on 4/23/16 8:46 am

Hopefully you got some awesome buys at the yardsales. Haven't been for a while.

Great that you did not need a nap after gardening. 3 hours gardening is a lot.

Take care of yourself,

Connie D.
on 4/23/16 1:56 pm

Hello Kathy....my little ray of sunshine!!! 

I am so green with envy that you can go to yard sales!! That was always one of my favorite spring/summertime things to do. I didn't even have to buy anything. I loved all the getting out and chatting with the people!! I am such a people person!! 

Good for you shopping and then putting in three hours gardening! That is really good! WTG!!! No nap..woot woot!

I did so enjoy my walk today. They really do make me feel better about myself. I so much want to be outside walking without my walker. If I could just get my balance to stay steady. Good one day and bad the next. Right now I can't let it go. I can't give up!! I have to get out there every day with the walker. I am always so hard on myself!!

Much love and hugs to you....connie d

ArleneG
on 4/23/16 8:41 am

Enjoy your stay with Vinnie, Carla and hubby. You do love your Starbucks. I like it too.

Soon a new grandchild will be born. Excited for your family.

Well, the weather down here is nice and not too hot yet. As you know, May is coming up; the weather starts to get unbearably hot then.

Have a wonderful time up there visiting with your family and Vinnie.

Connie D.
on 4/23/16 2:09 pm

Hello Arlene...I am looking forward to May...I need consistently warmer weather! I know May for you isn't quite so good as it is for me here in MN. Get out now why you can really enjoy it. 

I hope and pray all is going well for you with your "roommate". You were not liking it so much at one time. You are amazing!! I could never have an ex at my home. At least not more then a couple hours! You are stronger then I am that's for sure.

How are those wedding plans for your daughter coming along? It won't be long now. I hope she has settled down some. 

Have a good evening...love and hugs to you....connie d

ArleneG
on 4/23/16 6:30 pm

Connie, I came to terms with the roommate situation. I hardly ever see him, he is constantly in his room. You see, I am a low income senior. My daughter has helped me with my rent for the last few years, ever since I smacked to the ground during the great recession, lost my job and couldn't find a job and then lived on unemployment benefits for 99 weeks. Because I had lived on my own for so long, and was attending and trying to complete college, I and only I had to pay my own way. So not a lot of money was put into my retirement.

I moved here because she had to help him out too and couldn't afford to fork out a ton of money. I can make it on my own IF I find a part time job for extra income. I have hated the fact that she had to help me out. Me, who attended and almost finished college, and attempted to so many times, me who worked so hard all my life. Also, me who lived on my own for 17 years after my second divorce because I liked living alone. the divorce actually traumatized me for at least ten years. I gained a lot of weight for many reasons but also to me it was also my protection from men.

He, Joe,  is about 6 years older but has a lot of health issues; Diabetes, weak, knees, COPD, and the taking him to the gym was so he could walk up a flight of stairs to Lisa's after wedding venue, which is being held at a bar in Nashville on the second floor. The only way up is up a flight of stairs. He also had a benign brain tumor removed about ten years ago and there was some brain damage. A lot of things he will state, and simply doesn't remember later. I hated him for being a bad father. I have had to let go. If my daughter let it go, I have had to. I adore his family here in PSL. His sister Carla, the one who had meningitis scratches her head over the fact that he doesn't move around or walk. His choice. She is back to doing housework like she did before, but she tires easily. Whew now that was an explanation.

The wedding is 2 weeks away and things are calm. She is excited, Adam is excited and I am so excited too. So many of her friends I know from when I lived up in CT from 1998-2003 (she moved to NYC at that time) and it will be so great to see them again. I will also see #2 who is very harsh on me. I used to take it personally but he is angry that he lost the best thing he ever had. I will get to meet HIS family again after not seeing them for so long. So we are all excited.

WHAT AN EXPLANATION OF A SIMPLE QUESTION, LOL.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 388 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views