Fab Friday

poegirl100
on 4/22/16 9:25 am, edited 4/22/16 9:26 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello sweet sistas!

We are taking a little break this morning while Caralee naps and recovers from the trauma of getting 3 shots at the doctor's this morning.  Poor little thing.  She's just completely tuckered out.  But she had an excellent checkup.  She now weighs 11 lbs 11 oz., and she grew 2 1/4 inches.  She's a very healthy little girl.

I meant to write last night that the dog bite didn't break the skin so I didn't need a new tetanus shot.  Aside from some bruising I'm okay.

I think we are going up to Baylor this afternoon.  Carrie wants to take the baby up to the chemistry department to show her off and we're going to drop my new computer at the Baylor bookstore to have the new software loaded.  And we are going to go by the new daycare so I can see it and get finger printed for the security system.  

Tomorrow morning I'll leave for Dallas.  I can't wait for my grown up weekend!

Check back in later. Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 4/22/16 10:27 am

Good morning Vickie and everyone...

Vickie....I am glad you all made it safely back to Waco. 

That sweet little Miss Caralee....did great at her check up!! She is progressing very well. Sorry about all the shots. Those little ones never like those darn things. Wouldn't you think in this day and age they could make it easier on babies. 

I am glad Carrie will get to share Caralee with her friends in the Chemistry Department. She is so proud of her little daughter!!

I am so glad Caralee will be with her mommy!! I am also happy that you can take over the role of being Mimi again, to all your grandchildren. Enjoy your grown up life!! I hope you allow yourself that much. It has been a very long time. Be kind to yourself!!

I am glad the skin wasn't broken from that bite. That dog was not raised properly. I had an short, stubby, chubby and lovable English Bulldog. He was such a cuddler and loved everyone. He died at an early age because of medical issues. My heart still breaks for him. I am so sorry that the dog charged you. That was horrible. I have a feeling this wasn't the first time for him. That is so sad. Some people should not have animals and not take care of them the right way. Just my opinion.

Have a safe and happy drive back home tomorrow. You can relax, stretch out and sleep in your own wonderful bed. I know you really need that!! My bed is always the thing I miss when I am away from home! Have a great time in your flower beds too!!

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Connie D.
on 4/22/16 10:39 am

Silly me....I forgot to add my part of the post!!

It is so beautiful here today. A little chilly this morning. It is warming up now and I will be going out for my walk in a little while.

I am stuck on "Call the Midwife" again!! I watched the last two episodes of this last season. I am waiting for the next episodes. I so love that show! I watched some of the older episodes too. I wish I had Starz so I could watch the Outlanders. I have only seen a few episodes of that when I was at my daughter, Carrie's house. Oh well...that is the way it goes!! 

I am sad that Prince passed away. He was a HUGE MINNESOTA Icon. I am sure we will be hearing a lot about him in the next few days. May he "Rest In Peace".

Prayers for our loving OFF Families and their families. Special prayers for those in need.

I hope you all have a really beautiful day!!! Keep smiling!!

Much love and bushels of hugs to all....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 4/22/16 11:00 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Vickie and my OFF family:

I'm glad the dog bite didn't break the skin. But still ... that is a dangerous dog. Glad to hear Caralee is such a healthy baby. Enjoy your weekend.

Well, I had a busy night last night. Not at first, but then at the end, of course ... for the one newspaper I had four late stories, including a no-hitter for the hated Cubs (as a White Sox fan, I hate the Cubs, and to see them get a no-hitter). Unbelievably, I got done on time. I was tired and sore ... I could feel myself tensing up and grinding my teeth. I must admit, the relaxation techniques I learned did help. 

Well, time to get in the shower and get lunch. Busy day ahead. Have a good one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

yvonnef1964
on 4/22/16 1:35 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

It's a deary day again. I wish the sun would come out. At least I got up early for me. I went to a couple stores for things on sale and I had to get a refrigerator light bulb. Then this afternoon my friend asked if I take her to Goodwill. Afterwards we went and got coffee.

Vickie  glad that it only bruised your hand. Have fun with your friend this weekend. Glad Caralee checkup was good.

Connie  I'm glad your weather is cooperating with you today. Maybe that means some good weather is heading my way.

Eileen sorry you had a busy night last night, hopefully tonight will be better.

Everyone have a good night. Thoughts and prayers  for everyone. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views