Friday it is!!!

carlak
on 1/15/16 5:40 am - Bradenton, FL

Hello,

Im gearing up to pack. I'm flying to Denver on Wednesday to go see my gal pals!!! I'll be gone for five days.

Its gloomy here in Bradentin Flirida. I think we r going to get rain all day. 

But, I don't  care! I'm meeting a new stitching friend for lunch in Pt Charlotte.

Well talk on my Keirig in calling my name big time!!!

carla

image hosting site

poegirl100
on 1/15/16 6:35 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Carla and my sistas!

Carla good to see you posting this morning.  How are you feeling these days? Guess you must be getting back to normal if you're traveling again.

I'm typing this post on my kindle from the bath tub. I'm trying to soak away my headache. During cedar fever months (January and February) I seem to wake up with a raging headache every morning. So I take Tylenol and drink a pro Joe (caffeine!) and bubble awhile until I can move my head without pain again.

So today I have to go out to the lake house. I'm taking a spare set of keys to my neighbors. Some of their friends are coming up from Houston this weekend and want to see the house. Maybe they'll buy it!  And another neighbor is going to undertake to clean up my yard and the back shed for me.  I have the inside of the house done but the outside still needs some work.  I'm so thankful.

Well I shall attempt to finish sewing the dust ruffle for the crib again today. I got three sides done yesterday--finally! Perhaps today will be a better sewing day! Couldn't get much worse! I would really like to sew for my master bedroom next week.  Maybe it will work out. So far I don't have any appointments or obligations for next week.  Cross your fingers for me!  

I'll be babysitting the boys tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them. Haven't seen them in over a week.

I got thru another night last night without succumbing to the sugar monster.  I ate some fresh pineapple after my supper. And then around 10 pm I ate some fresh cherries. That's two nights in a row I've managed to thwart my sugar demon!  Hooray!

Also I walked yesterday.  Need to do that again today.

So that's about all for me today. Hoping for a quiet day. I feel the need for some peace. My life is going to get crazy again after Caralee arrives.  I need to stock up on peace and quiet now while I can.  LOL!

Love you all!

Vickie 

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/16 7:12 am

Carla   enjoy your trip to Denver.  Denver actually has more sunshine days than Florida so you may have brighter days there.

Vickie  Good luck on selling your lake house.  Hope the headache leaves soon.  I used to wake up with horrible headaches every morning.  Having allergies I assumed that was the problem.  Turns out that is the number one symptom of sleep apnea.  Yep, that was it.  Added C-Pap took away headaches.  I also had migraines years ago. Purely stress but oh so painful.   Hope the bath helps.

Today I am putting final touches on packing.  I leave this evening for Nevada.  Hope to get a walk in.  The weather is nice again today so must take advantage of it.

carlak
on 1/15/16 12:03 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi Linda,

I know about the Denver Sunny days!! I used to live there for 24 years. My only fear is there is going to be a stupid snow storm while I'm there!!!

carla

image hosting site

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 8:04 am

there's always that

Patricia R.
on 1/15/16 7:54 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Carla and OFF,

I started to post yesterday, and got sidetracked, and never got back.  

My friend, Michelle, took me to the orthopedist/surgeon yesterday, and I was back with him for close to an hour.  He went to take the pins out of my toes, and he couldn't see one of them.  Numbed the toe, and dug, cut, poked, and couldn't get it.  He sent me back for an x-ray.  Told me he has to do it in surgery.  So, since I'm on Coumadin, I couldn't schedule it for today.  And since he's going to Colorado to ski next week, it has to be in two weeks.  But, till then, I can drive.  Yippee!!!  Last time I'd driven was November 17.  He's going to also put a screw in the stress fracture while he's in there.  

After my appointment, Michelle took me to Sam's, and I picked up some yogurt, butter, canned salmon, and something else, I can't remember.  While we were there, we grabbed a late lunch, the Nathan's hot dog, with sauerkraut.  Nathan's and Hebrew National are the only ones I'll eat.  They don't have sugar, like the other brands, and they're all beef.  I know hot dogs aren't ideal for meat, but at least it didn't have sugar.

I've been following the meatless diet suggestions with interest.  I can honestly say that right now, I'm not ready to give up being an omnivore.  I do low fat, and I'm trying to get off the sugar.  I don't drink anymore.  I don't even drink much fruit juice, coz of the sugar.  Because I'm on Coumadin, I have to avoid foods high in Vitamin K, which means all the yummy dark green veggies, and shellfish.  I'm not ready to give up beef, chicken and pork.  I do eat some meatless meals, and I'm adding more fish to my diet.  I love all sorts of beans, and make a mean beef vegetable soup with a tiny bit of beef, and tons of veggies, and beans.  

So, I have a ton of stuff to do before my surgery in two weeks.  Not sure how long I'll be out off commission after this surgery, but I hope it's not as long as before.

Carla, you are the traveling girl in our group.  Hope you have a good trip.

Vickie, I hope you get rid of your headache.  I hate waking up with them.

Linda, I'm not sure if I welcomed you or not, but I'm so glad you joined us.

Maui Karen, I saw you posted earlier this week, and neglected to say Hi.

I know I'm missing folks.  Love you all.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mary Gee
on 1/15/16 9:23 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Good Morning Ladies.....

It's a quiet day today - no appointments.  I could run and do some errands, but it's cold and gloomy out so I'm staying put.

Going to do some searches on non-meat proteins and net carbs, etc.

Sending prayers and good wishes to all.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

poegirl100
on 1/15/16 11:29 am - Cibolo, TX

Mid-day progress report:  Well, I felt like sewing, so that's what I've been doing all morning.  I finished that blasted dust ruffle--it's so cute!  And I made three more flannel receiving blankets.  Those are super simple.  I just square up the fabric, round the corners, and use my machine to edge-finish them.  I like to make them generously sized, about 38" square.  

So I'm eating a dish of hoppin' john, and then I have to drive out to the lake house.  I wish I could just stay home.  It's bound to depress me to go there.  It always does.  But I can't miss a chance to possibly sell that house without having to pay realtor fees, so off I go.  Hope I can take a nice walk when I get back.  It's so warm and sunny here today.

Trish, I can't believe the surgeon couldn't find that whatchamacallit.  Seriously?  That's insane that it got "lost" up inside your toe!  One time I had an IUD that the GYN couldn't get out.  OMG.  He yanked and pulled and dug around til I thought I would pass out.  Finally got it.  It was all twisted up sideways.  He didn't actually say it, but he intimated that Butch and I must have been having some Very Vigorous Sex to have screwed that little thing up so much.  We had quite a laugh over it.  Yeah, we were vigorous all right.  LOL!  Is there any other kind of sex?  LOL!

I miss those days.  Sigh.

My mom is starting to panic a bit over the thought of me moving up to Waco at the end of the month.  I swear, I don't know what else to do.  I feel pulled in so many directions.  I have my 33 year old daughter who is single and pregnant and has no one to help her.  She needs me.  I have my 87 year old mother who is unable to drive and afraid to live here alone and she needs me.  It's not like I have much choice in the matter.  I can't let my daughter go into labor alone and give birth alone.  I have to be there.  Sigh.

[And all I really want to do is stay home (preferably ALONE) and sew.  Life sure takes some strange turns and twists, doesn't it?  I'm just trying to roll with it.]

Mom is just going to have to get used to the idea of calling Christie when she needs something while I'm gone.  She and Chris have not always had the best of relationships.  Mom has always played favorites and has blatantly preferred Carrie over Christie ever since they were infants.  She doesn't like the thought of being dependent on Christie now, to which I say (quietly to myself) "karma's a ***** isn't she?"

Oh, well.  It will all work out somehow.  God is in control.  

I'm just putting off the inevitable, so I'll close and kick my butt into gear.  I will try not to cry today.  (But I probably will.)  Love y'all!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 388 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views