Sunny Saturday!

Ready2goNOW
on 10/17/15 8:22 am

Well Good Morning Sleepyheads!

I am trying to catch up on everyone's posts the past few days, but wanted to let you all know I came home last night! It was total bliss to sleep in my own bed not attached to the IV pole and the oximeter to monitor my oxygen levels. My first night in was not bad, but I am sure all the leftover surgery meds had a place in that. The 2nd night was rough trying to sleep all hooked up and having to pee all the time.

I cannot complain. Service was good and I have minimal pain...maybe a 2. But why do these doctors push narcotics so hard? Geez...was sent home w/liquid oxyconton for pain I told him I don't have. I am afraid to take it so Jim gave me some of his vicodin...have taken half every 6 hours and I am okay. I am tired though despite my good night's sleep, and will lay down shortly.

My family has been great which is always a blessing when you go through something like this. I really owe them. I just need the weekend to rest up, though, the phone calls, texts and visits kinda wore me out.

I would not be able to remember the posts I read even w/out surgery. Any kind of meds affect me hard. I appreciate all the prayers, chicken swung, and good wishes you all have sent my way.

Now I am on the loser's bench and finally one of you! I hope I can do this gift justice!

I will be stopping in as energy allows.

Love to all!

Kathy

carlak
on 10/17/15 9:04 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi,

Welcome to the loosens bench!! I had a procedure the same day! They took out a rolled up piece of mesh about 5 x 3 inches out if my stoma. It migrated from my stapeling from thirty years ago. I to am in pain medicine. Im glad Jared took Vinnie on a daddy daughter date today. I do miss her.

We r planning on going home a week from Monday or Thesday depending on when the Dr says I can drive that far.

Well I'm going to go drink ho****er to see if I can break this spasm.

Carla

image hosting site

Connie D.
on 10/17/15 10:28 am

Hello Carla....that is a great idea for Jared to go do something special with Vinnie today. Then you can really rest.

I hate taking pain meds. When we need them it is great that they are right there for us.

I hope the doctor okay's your travel home soon. I am sure you miss your own bed!! It is always nice to go other places but always wonderful to get back home!

I hope the warm water helped with your spasm. Just drinking water period helps control the spasms.

Lots of love to you and many hugs too...connie d

ArleneG
on 10/17/15 11:27 am

Carla, hope you heal well and quickly. Thank goodness the procedure is over. Say hi to Dr Jessee for me when you see her. I miss going to her......I live on the other side of the state now. I wish I were back in Clearwater. It's a whole new world here. As much as I hated driving in Pinellas County, everything was so convenient. Here we have the same stores and all that, but because it is less populated than that side of the state, issues with finding doctors abound. I see a psychiatrist for meds and cannot find one here that takes Medicare. Because it is less populated and would not be worth their while. I have tried as far as Ft. Lauderdale. The ones that do take Medicare are full and are not taking new patients. So I have an appt. on November 6th with my doctor in Clearwater. I only have to go every six months, so I guess I will keep him.

Have a great day.

Connie D.
on 10/17/15 1:33 pm

Hello Arlene....it is getting harder and harder to find doctors that take Medicare. You are right, the ones that do take Medicare are not taking anymore patients. I hear that from people all the time.

I guess if I only saw my past doctor every six months, I would just keeping going there. Make it a fun day for you. Go out to lunch and window shop or whatever. Just enjoy your day!

Have a nice evening and weekend too!!!

Lots of love and many hugs to you.....connie d

Connie D.
on 10/17/15 10:21 am

Good morning Kathy and everyone.....

Kathy...I am just over the top happy for you!!!!

Yes... the next few days will be a little tougher as all the hospital meds ware off. You will be glad for the pain meds. The nights always seem to be the worst. Follow your doctors orders and you will do great!! Congrats again on making it to the loser's bench!!

Don't worry about posting. Just give yourself the time you need to rest and sleep. Also walk and keep drinking all tha****er...LOL!! Water has always been my drink of choice so I have no problem getting it in. Good luck sweetie. I love you!!

I continue to keep praying for you.

As for me.... I wish I was at Vickie's garage sale!! She sure has some really nice things!!

I haven't done much today. The temp is now 48 degrees...it was only 34 when I woke up this AM. High today 54! I chatted a bit with Nic this morning. He is still way up in northern MN with his forestry camp. He will be there until next Saturday. He said it was 27 degrees when they had breakfast at camp this morning!! He as always has plenty of warm clothes with him. He loves the cold and knows how to dress for it. He said, he is having a great time and loves this experience!! I am so happy for him!!

Nothing more then I did yesterday planned for today. I may try to go outside if only for 5 minutes. I need fresh air. I will be opening windows soon!!

Wishing you all a beautiful day!! Remember an Act of Kindness along the way today.

Prayers for our awesome OFF Family and their families. Special prayers as requested.

Loads of love and bunches of hugs to all.....connie d

ArleneG
on 10/17/15 11:29 am

Sending love your way Connie, for less pain and having a good day. It is still warm here in FL, I miss the season changes but not the cold weather. But I do miss Autumn and Spring, the most beautiful of all the seasons. Take care of yourself and have a good day. xo

poegirl100
on 10/17/15 10:44 am - Cibolo, TX

okay so WHERE are all the people today?

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 10/17/15 11:00 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family!!!!!!!!

Was just sitting here playing my games on FB and realized it was my NINTH year surgiversary!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! Yes 9 years ago today I had my RNY!!!!! And right about now wish I was back in the new stage!!! I would like about 25-40 pounds off again!!!! Oh My!!!! My biggest regret is trying sugars again!!!!!! And the chips and all the rest of the goodies!!!! SHAME ON ME!!! So listen up all you newbies!!! DO NOT TEST the forbidden!!!!!!! See what happens!!! YOU GAIN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is COLD here today!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! it is also Rick's birthday. Pretty soon he will be as old as I am!!! LOL I posted a favorite picture of him on FB and his brother made a comment on how WOW he looks...I asked Rick if his brother had the hots for him....boy did Rick get upset!! His brother is gay and I do mean gay!!!! Rick is not happy about it either. YIKES!!!!!! Rick is getting a lot of text messages from the little princess....buttering daddy up...her birthday is next month...yippeeee.

Going to Bingo tonight...YIPPEEE!!!! We already stopped in at the VFW so Rick could have his free drink today...found out I lost out on $50 because I didn't sign the book yesterday...crap!!! Oh well...last week Rick missed out on $500 because he didn't sign the other book!!!! CRAP!!!!!! Well we ARE signed now!!!!!!!! LOL

Went to Texas Roadhouse last night for Bosses day, Sweetest Day and Rick's Birthday all rolled into one...OMG was it ever good!!!!!!! Rick had the thick pork chops and I had the Prime Rib...talk about melt in your mouth!!!! We ate half brought rest home...leftovers today.

Well better get back to my games...need to get those played before I leave for Bingo...lol

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ArleneG
on 10/17/15 11:31 am

Happy 9th surgiversary, Judy. The meal you had sounded delicious. Yum. Take care.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views