Thursday reckoning

cindibarre
on 9/17/15 6:09 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning ladies.  About to go into my appointment with WLS physicians assistant.  Anxious but there's really nothing they can do to me!😖😓😀

poegirl100
on 9/16/15 11:47 pm, edited 9/16/15 11:53 pm - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Cindi and my sistas,

Cindi--no there's nothing they can do TO you, but maybe they will be able to HELP you.  Think positive thoughts.  You're not the first person to regain after WLS.  They won't judge you.

Today is sewing day!  (If my poor aching finger tips can stand it.  I just about tore them to pieces yesterday struggling with all those little hooks and clips and things.)  My beautiful fabrics came yesterday afternoon, along with the ready made toile curtains.  I ordered the curtains (which are 96" long, and I just didn't feel like trying to deal with that much material in my limited space!), and also enough of the matching fabric to make the valances.  So that's what I'm working on today: the valances.  

I also have the fabric for the dining area in the kitchen.  I have some fairly ambitious plans for that corner.  In addition to valances for the two large windows in the dining area, I plan to make slipcovers for the chair seats and placemats for the table.  The dining area and living room are open concept, so it will all be in various fabrics and patterns that are blue and white.  

Got a check in the mail yesterday from the consignment store.  They sold Butch's big lift chair.  Hurray.  I'm going to hold on to that $300 for my new bedroom decor.  But the lady backed out of buying the washer and dryer.  GRRR!  Why do people DO that???

Well, I must get started.  I have the dentist this afternoon at 2 p.m.  Just my regular cleaning, but the last one the insurance will cover.  

Love you all!

P.S.  Oh!  And are any of you lurkers known as "baby14"?  Yesterday she was called "jeanbaby14".  I'm still getting these PMs about a friend request.  If it's one of you, let me know.  If not, I'm reporting it as spam.

Vickie 

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/15 7:19 am

I am getting the same message and I have only replied to messages a couple of times. It must be spam if not something worse

poegirl100
on 9/17/15 8:16 am - Cibolo, TX

Linda,  it's very suspicious the way her name keeps changing, isn't it?

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/17/15 12:10 pm

Hello Vickie....I am so happy you are getting all your sewing done. Keeping busy helps so much. I can't wait to see the finished curtains. The plans you have for the kitchen area sounds really nice!! Sorry about your sore fingers!! 

Why do people do that...say one thing and do the other. She either found a cheaper set or didn't have the money. I know they will sell. People spend so much money this time of year. Buying school supplies, activity fees and clothes. They have to cut back on some thing! I guess I wouldn't hold them for anyone anymore. First one with the money gets them!! They do that more and more now. Do you have them listed on online Garage Sales? I hope they go soon!!

I hope you appointment went well. I love the feel of clean and polished teeth!!!

I am really cautious lately of who I post to on the internet. I would be careful and not open posts from people that change their names all the time...it doesn't sound right. That is just my opinion. 

I hope the rest of your day is a good one...love you!

How is Benny feeling?? Did Budder catch it?? 

Lots more love and hugs....connie d

ArleneG
on 9/17/15 3:50 pm

Hi Vicki, you have amazing sewing skills. I used to sew about thirty years ago, but I sewed clothes for myself as a hobby. I made curtains for my mom, but that was it. Never made seat cushions, etc, as you have done. You are so gifted.

Patricia R.
on 9/17/15 7:20 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Cindi, Vickie and OFF,

Cindi, I am overdue for my WLS appointment.  I better get on that.  They will encourage you, and hopefully not shame you.

Vickie, I got the same spam from jeanbaby14.  I need to report it.  I envy your sewing skills.  I need a better machine than the one I have.

I was supposed to watch Frankie this morning, coz Colleen was going to take Lincoln to the doctor.  Poor guy, he's getting 6 warts burned off his feet.  But, Trent is taking him instead, so she doesn't need me.  I'll be watching him tomorrow so she can go to yoga.

I have more tearing apart to do here.  I need to move a desk lamp into the living room for my new arrangement.  I also need to fix, or replace my current floor lamp.  It's been crooked for a while, and I need to either get it straightened, or get a new one.

I better get moving.  I have tons to do.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 9/17/15 12:17 pm

Hello Trish...poor little Lincoln....those warts being removed are painful. Hopefully they will numb the area really good. Still that is at least one or two pokes per wart to numb them. He will deserve a special something after that!! I said a prayer right away!

Have fun tearing things apart!! It will look great when you have it all done!! You will feel like you have new rooms with the redecorating!

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Patricia R.
on 9/17/15 12:53 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Connie, 

Turns out, the doc decided to do something different.  If she burned them all off, he'd be in pain, and probably be unable to walk, for two weeks.  So, she gave him a shot, not sure of what, and she wants to see him in two weeks.  I'm guessing since warts are caused by a virus, it's probably some sort of anti-viral medication.  Plus, he's still got the poison ivy from weeks ago.

Found out my niece is gonna have baby number two earlier than expected.  Now, they're looking at October 5th.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 9/17/15 10:49 am - Evansville, IN

Hi my OFF family:

I've been absent the past two days. Busy moving. I'm sore and tired. I have bruises and blood spots all over my body. Plus, my ingrown nail hasn't gotten any better. I was going to get up this morning and go back to urgent care, but just didn't have the energy. Plus, I had a bad headache (it's gone) and my back really hurt. So I decided to rest up for work. 

We did make a dent on the mountain of boxes in the living room (Gary made me do it, hence my back hurts a lot). Bedroom is set up, bathroom mostly set up. I have a huge bedroom, but the bathroom is kind of tiny. It's OK ...has all the basics. The closet is nice; has lots of shelves with organizers. I have to put the litter box in there, though. Juliette is settling in; she's enjoying the view on the patio with all the birds (there's ducks, too). We don't have a lakeview, but that's OK. 

Gary is still waiting for his stuff to arrive. My movers were great, and they charged less than the quote. Cable guy came yesterday, although he was a half hour late. But we have a great package, lots of channels, and the MLB Network ... Yippeee!

But tonight I go back to work. Not much food here ... there's two pieces of pizza left over from last night I'll have for lunch. My food is still in the old place.

Got to get into the shower. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!