I think it's Tuesday

cindibarre
on 9/15/15 7:43 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning OFF-

Beautiful sunny day in Maine this morning after several days of rain and gloom.

Going to continue with the packing process.  This part of my life has to be getting old to you all.  Talked to mover this morning.  More papers to sign that they sent via email this morning.  No confirmation of delivery date yet as I am not a full truckload.

Called my PCP trying to get an appointment on way south.  They have to call me back.  So hopefully later today I'll be able to plan my journey either via NC to check on Mom or directily to TX.

So have to get my butt out of this chair and start the day.  Think I'll air out all my blankets and quilts before packing so I don't take the musty smell with me to Texas.  If I was smart I'd go to laundromat and wash them all.  May do that.  

Oh and I found my wallet yesterday.  I had left it in the arm rest of my friends car.  Need to get back to using a purse.  I have a new purse all knitted just need to felt it!

Thoughts and hugs going out to all of you.

Cindi B.

poegirl100
on 9/15/15 1:17 am - Cibolo, TX

Sitting here at the gyn waiting. I've already started crying.  Such intense memories here.  I hate this.  I don't want to be here.

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/15/15 10:48 am

Vickie...I wish I could take your pain away. If I could you know I would.

I am here for you and I love you. Holding you close.

Hugs and prayers...connie d

ArleneG
on 9/15/15 1:28 pm

So sorry you are having such a difficult day. Thinking of you, as always. Take care.

Patricia R.
on 9/15/15 9:05 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Cindy, Vickie and OFF,

Vickie, I'm sorry you're having a rough time today.  Grief is a horrible roller coaster of hills and peaks.  Hang in there.

Cindi, I have stuff I want to do today.  I need to rearrange some stuff in here.

Christopher gave me some news I need more  information on, but told me not to worry.  He's been seeing a cardiologist.  But, no more information.  Argh!!!  He's 37 years old.  He couldn't tell me more.  He eats right, doesn't smoke, and runs for exercise.  So, now I'm not supposed to worry.  Right!

I decided I want to do some serious rearranging around here.  Need a plan of attack first.  Also, I need to finish cutting the grass out back.  Trent came over and told me what I'm doing wrong.  There's a button I push on the front of the engine, but I hadn't been pressing it enough times.

Must scoot.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Cindy P.
on 9/15/15 9:26 am

Good Morning, everyone. 

Cindi B., I hope you get enough info from the movers so you can plan  your trek south.  I'm sure  you will feel better when you have a concrete plan.  I am so glad you found your wallet! 

Vickie, I'm so sorry you are feeling down.  I know that being at the GYN's office is bringing back a flood of memories and  you dread having to answer questions about Butch.  I pray that perhaps you will find a little release in talking about it with your GYN. 

Trish, don't you hate it when someone you love gives you just enough info to worry about them.  I hope Christopher gets back to you soon with the details about why he's seeing a cardiologist.  Good luck starting that pesky lawnmower.  Glad the issue is just a push button on the engine -- hopefully, you'll get your lawn mowed today.

Well, not much new around here.  Hubby has a migraine.  He tried not taking any pain meds but it just won't go away.  We are expecting storms much of this week and I'm sure that's what has brought this one on. 

We have an appointment later this afternoon in town.  We never did get to clean floors yesterday.  We're trying to get some house maintenance things done -- after not doing much while we had all the construction going on.  Finally got the bill from the deck contractor.  We went over bid (so what else is new).  I swallowed hard and wrote the check. 

I guess I'll wash up and start the day.  I've got calls to make and an errand to run this morning.  I hope  you have a good day.

Cindy P.

lightswitch
on 9/15/15 2:33 am, edited 9/15/15 2:34 am

Hello Guys,

I've been absent for a couple of days in part because I have been off of my MS meds and as a result, I am having major muscle spasms that have interfered with my mere existence.   I had a major shingles outbreak and had to go on some medication for the shingles and because of my irritated pouch and possibility of getting ulcerated, I had to quit my by mouth meds that stop the muscle spasms and the neuron twitching so for a few days I've only been taking the interferon and as you know the meds work together better than one over the other.   Finally got the shingles under control and am off that med and back on my MS crap with a hefty dose of steroid...if I can just keep the shingles away long enough for me to get the damn vaccine, maybe I'll not have to go off the MS meds again.   The complications of my health issues...you know what I mean because we all have them.

Well, other than sitting her trying to decide if I am actually seeing color today or not, I am hanging out in my office with one of the grad students running interference for me.   They are so good to me.   But, I cannot talk to another student. 

Tonight, we are all going out for Thai food and I cannot wait...I love hot and spicy Thai but can barely stand the heat from Mexican food...go figure.

Ladies, have a good day.

seasheleyes
on 9/15/15 11:55 am - Manteca, CA

That just sounds horrible Jeannie. You are definitely not a complainer and your medical issues are substantial. Of course I'm interested in your issues with ulceration of the pouch. I'm going to visit my surgeon in two hours and I have lots of questions on that subject for him. I'm wondering if I will be dealing with the scar tissue over and over again now that it happened once. I'm sorry that you have to deal with so much but I am very proud of how you handle it all. You are so strong.

Julia

poegirl100
on 9/15/15 12:04 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hello again,

Made it home finally.  This was a tough morning.  I'm glad to put it behind me.  For those who are new to OFF, I had a hysterectomy almost two years ago and I nearly bled out from complications after surgery.  So I had emergency surgery less than 24 hours after the first surgery to stop the bleeding.  And THEN I got a staph infection after the second surgery.  Needless to say, I had a very long recovery.  The reason why this morning's visit to the GYN was so emotional is that Butch was with me every step of the way and he took care of me for six months.  He was an army medic and knew a lot about wound care and my doctor trusted him to do the twice daily dressing changes required.  Without my husband's care, I would have had to go into long term care.  So they were all very familiar with Butch and they were all shocked and distressed to learn of his passing.  And I was distressed and cried a lot.  It was a tough morning for me.

So, I got through it.  Got my mammogram scheduled for next Tuesday.  Then I only have the eye doctor left to do before my good insurance runs out.

I did some window shopping at Belks and JCPenneys and Kohls on my way home.  I'm looking for purple for my bedroom.  Golly what a challenge this is turning out to be.  But I have nothing but time to search.  I saw a couple of possibilities but nothing that really screamed "Buy ME!"  

Well, I'm pooped.  Didn't sleep well last night.  I think all I want to do is sit on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.  Thinking about all of you, but too tired to comment right now.

Love you all.

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/15/15 2:02 pm

Good afternoon Cindi and everyone...

I just got home from grocery shopping. I ate a quick lunch. Now I am going to read the paper and relax. I have so much going on right now. I am still going to take some time for myself. I do come and read your posts to make sure everyone is doing well.

I posted a couple messages on Facebook that my daughter, Jamie has been posting about Childhood Cancer. This month is "National Childhood Cancer Month". I also posted a pic of my handsome grandson, Nic riding in the parade in his firetruck. I am so proud of him I could burst!! After reading the articles from Jamie, you will understand better what Nic and all children go through every day!! They desperately need help with funding. Please share the posts. Thank you so much! Childrens Cancer gets less funding then other cancers...they don't even get 4%. Breast cancer gets like 78%. Our precious babies are dying, please pass this information on. Thank you.

Praying for everyone daily. I love our precious OFF Family.

Much love and oodles of hugs...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views