SATURDAY!

Ready2goNOW
on 9/5/15 3:58 am

Good Morning Ladies!

I am up a little earlier than usual so I thought I would start the thread before leaving to yard sale.

I had my surgeon's appointment yesterday & it went very well. I had not been real impressed with the doctor's lack of bedside manner...or personality for that fact. He always seemed kind of detached. But he was a different man yesterday. He spent well over a half hour talking to me & joking around. Unbelievable! I left the office w/his solemn promise he would play my Eagles CD during my surgery as Don Henley & the boys always have a calming effect on me. (He may never play it...how would I know, right? But at least he said he would!)

Anyhow, the surgery scheduler was off due to it being the Labor Day weekend so I don't have a date yet. She will call to set it up next week. So I am officially getting anxious now...

Jim & I took my sister to my daughter's restaurant for her b-day lunch on Thursday. It was nice to be able to talk for a couple hours without any interruptions. The joke was on us, though. My sister insisted on driving which saved us on gas, and then this same daughter who treated me to lunch a few weeks ago refused to allow us to pay for the lunch! I really don't feel comfortable with this, but my sister said I need to look at it as an example of how well I raised my girls. So that was nice!

I feel for all of going thru the mother/daughter skirmishes! For now, all is quiet with my 3 girls, but Jazz is really starting that teenage backtalk I cannot stand. We got into a huge argument last nite about it, and I really went off on her. I hate when I allow her to push my buttons. She got out f the car slamming the door & yelling about how mean I was. I need to make it right today...

Jeannie, I feel bad for you in terms of your daughter not appreciating you, but I also found it almost hilarious how she is bringing up stuff from her school days! It is amazing the stuff we hold onto & for how long! One of the things I tell myself when I want to go ballistic (like last night!) is that I am old enough now to have seen the cycles of life. Karma...or whatever you want to call it does exist. That is not to say I take pleasure when I someone who has hurt me goes thru a similar experience, but there is a glint of satisfaction that they can identify w/how I felt at the time.

My heart goes out to Mary. I have been thinking about her since she posted. This just makes me sad.

Same with Connie. Depression sucks in so many ways. It is bad enough to have this condition by itself, but then when you add poor health to the mix it just makes it so much harder to manage. You are also in my prayers, Connie. This too shall pass..

I am going to sign off now & get ready to head out. Will check in later.

Kathy

poegirl100
on 9/5/15 5:20 am - Cibolo, TX

Kathy, you bring so much insight and wisdom to our board.  I'm so glad you are one of us now!  you will get your surgery date soon enough.  Try to use this three day weekend to settle your mind and breathe deeply when you feel your nervousness coming on.  It's going to be all right! 

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/5/15 9:02 am

Hello Vickie....I agree with your comment of Kathy's. She is a blessing to us all!!

I hope thins are going well for you today. I know Carrie is there and your little guys. She will be a big help!!

I hope you manage to get those velvet curtains down!!

I love you bunches...HUGS...connie d

Patricia R.
on 9/5/15 7:01 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Kathy and OFF,

It's great your surgeon is warming up to you.  Mine seemed distant at first, but the day of my surgery, he took the time to draw a diagram of the procedure for my Mom and sister in pre-op.  Then, upon discharge, he wrote his cell phone number on my discharge papers.

I have an appointment to get new tires at noon, and need to stop by Colleen's to give her some of the stuffed cabbage.

Tried to get my lawn mower started yesterday, but couldn't.  I'll try again today.

Love to all.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 9/5/15 8:59 am

Hello Tri**** was nice of you to share your dinner with Colleen and the family. I am sure it was great!

I sent the information you wanted. I hope you got it in time.

I know tires are expensive but a very necessary need. I hope you got a good deal.

I hope the mower starts easier this afternoon.

Love and hugs...connie d

cindibarre
on 9/5/15 7:59 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning Kathy and OFF-

Kathy I like what you said about Karma.  I truly believe that Karma exists and I also believe you reap what you sow!  I've seen both in action several times over the past few years.  Glad your doctor appears to be warming up.  My surgeon scared the crap out of me and still does but she also took the time to meet with me three times before surgery to answer my questions.

Vickie- I went to the fabric sale but didn't find anything for the furniture.  More baby quilt fabric, which I have to pre-shrink over the next few days.  I'll try to post a picture when it's on the line drying.

Trish-  when my lawn mower doesn't want to start I threaten that I am going to make a boat anchor out of it and that seems to do the trick.  I also have to remover the spark plug cover and clean the contacts sometimes.

Again a deliciously cool day here in Maine.  Humidity gone.  Need to take advantage of this weather and do the final push on packing.  Also need to clean up the clutter in the house and mow the lawn.  

My neighbor down the road gave me a new flour mixture that she is experimenting with to make low carb (paleo compliant) baked goods.  It's 1/3 almond flour, 1/3 coconut flour and 1/3 white wheat flour.  I used it this morning to make a blueberry muffin in a mug.  Not bad however I think I'll cut back on the amount of flour used in the recipe.  It also calls for coconut oil but I didn't have any of that nor did I have baking powder in the house so I used butter and no baking powder.  It was more like a blueberry cobbler in a coffee mug.  But it would do in a pinch to satisfy the sweet tooth.

Connie- thought of you yesterday when I was at Marden's.  They had these 145 piece artist kits with pencils, crayons and markers.  Almost bought one to join the coloring group but refrained because I don't have time right now and it was made in China.

So with that I will close ladies and get my butt out of the chair.  Thoughts and electronic hugs going out to all of you!

Cindi B.

Connie D.
on 9/5/15 9:22 am

Hello Cindi....I am glad your humidity is gone...I wish ours was!!

I am going to pass this flour recipe on to my daughter, Jamie. I think she would like to try this. Thank you!

Thanks for thinking of me and the art supplies!! That sounds like a great pack. I found that crayons aren't the best for these coloring books. You can't keep them sharp enough. There are many small parts to color in. Also markers tend to bleed through the paper. It seems colored pencils are the best way to go! Just my thoughts for when you do decide to give this a try. Let me know if you find something you like better.

I DO believe in Karma...it all goes around.

Love and lots of hugs...connie d

Connie D.
on 9/5/15 8:54 am

Good morning Kathy and everyone...

I too love your posts and I always seem to come away with something after I read them. You are a blessing to all of us here!!

I am so excited that you will be getting your date next week!! Your doctor sounds really great to me. Maybe he had a bad day the first time you saw him. Not an excuse but I can understand. If he says he will play the Eagle's CD he will. I am friends with a surgical nurse here. She said they always play what the patient wants to hear. They do sometimes put headphones on the patients....she made me laugh!! She also informed me that while they were waiting for the doctor they played Tic Tac Toe on my tummy!!! Knowing her...she probably did!!

I am sure you and Jazz will get things worked out. You are such a great mother to her!!

As for me.... I slept better last night and it felt good. Of course that was with the help of my medications. I was still asleep when Kyleigh called me this morning at 9:00. Kyleigh and Mitch are coming up to spend Saturday with me next weekend. I really miss them so that will be fun!!

As usual I have nothing planned for the day. It is already 81 degrees and the humidity is high!! Maybe later I will try to go sit on a bench outside if even for a little while. I think my depression is worse because I never leave the building. Just on Tuesday when I go shopping.

I love you all and there is no need to worry about me. I am depressed but who isn't these days!! 

Prayers for all out loving OFF Family and their families.

Special prayers especially for Mary today. I am very concerned about how she is handling all this.

I wish you all a peaceful day!!

Loads of love and many hugs for all.....connie d

Judy G.
on 9/5/15 11:09 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...

Well we went shopping early this morning and got home and the dam phone rang....one of the tenants called asking if she could use the wheel chair so she could haul her dirty clothes to laundry room and back!!!!! That was the straw that broke the camels back!!!!!! It is MY DAY OFF and NOT an EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!! I went off!!!!!!! Rick called her back told her yes she could...she then starts to ask him if HE would bring it to her...He HUNG UP!!!!!! GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!! I asked him what happened to her walker?????? She has one she uses to push the dam dog on!!!!! So needless to say I opened a drink...guess I was not supposed to have it because it fizzed up and over all over the place!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

It is HOT and MUGGY here also. Storms are so far staying north of us. Keep it that way!!!!!

Anyhow we bought some different cheeses and some crackers. Also got some crab legs. YUM!!!!! I got me some ground sirloin and am making me a burger dog with cheese inside. Rick is having a pork chop. Both on the grill. I made some deviled eggs to go with them.

Need to make my step grandson his Michigan hat for his birthday which I missed yesterday and get that in the mail next week for him. I KNEW it was coming up and even bought the yarn to make that hat...and dumbass me FORGOT HIS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!  Good thing he loves me and will forgive me!!! Now if it were the girls...well they are not speaking to me anyhow...WHY?? WHO KNOWS!!!!!!! Maybe I looked at them wrong when I last saw them??? Maybe its their mother telling them LIES about me??????? hard to say.

As for the sleeping issues...I found taking one Benadril and one Tylenol pm works for me right now. I am out all night. 

Well Rick said its time to eat...good I am hungry for a change!!! LOL

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 9/5/15 4:35 pm

Hello Judy....I so wished for you to have a peaceful weekend. Why they can't leave you alone is just crazy!! Maybe you need to contact your boss and have her send a letter out to your tenants. They could be written up for non emergency calls on the weekends. So many, three maybe, write ups and they are evicted. I feel so bad for you...they are so so rude!!! Most of them don't work so they don't have a clue how important it is to have a couple days off!!!

We had horrible storms here last night. I thought the windows were going to blow out!! It looks like we could have more tonight. I hope not. I hope the storms leave you alone too!!

Those burger dogs w/cheese look so good on the internet. Are those the ones you made...YUM!! How did you like them?? I need to get some eggs boiled myself. I always use them in salads. I always forget about deviled eggs...I need to make some and I will for sure tomorrow!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Grandkids don't worry about gifts... they know Grandma is good for them!! Then they will have presents another time and not all at one time!! 

TRY to have a good evening...Love and Hugs to you...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views