THURSDAY THURSDAY

Connie D.
on 8/20/15 2:29 pm

Hello everyone...finally I am here!!

What a busy day I had....now I am exhausted. I had an appointment with my doctor today. I was so afraid she was going to be upset about my weight. I didn't weigh myself since I saw her over two months ago. At that time I had lost 26 pounds. I was sure I had gained more then that back! I was shocked...I was only up 3  pounds. Actually that isn't good enough for me. I should have lost at least 10 more pounds. She kept telling me to quit being so hard on myself. Now is a new start!!!

We talked about what was all going on in my world. She said, the continual weather changes, the barometric pressure going up and down constantly is what is causing the horrible pain. She said she had other patients that were having the same Fibromyalgia pain. She also said this has been the worst winter, spring and summer for her patients.  She was at a recent doctors conference and said other doctors were saying the same.They feel helpless to help their patients. There isn't a strong enough pain medications to help Chronic Fibro Pain. There are narcotics, but it isn't safe to take them all the time. There is too much damage they can do to the liver and kidneys. I guess I just have to deal with the pain until more research is done.

I went to a meeting here after I returned from my appointment. It was very interesting. A doctor from my clinic spoke on sleep disorders and what can help besides medication. I look forward to these events. We have one on all different things once a month. I always try to attend. They only last an hour.

I am looking forward to a calm and relaxing evening. I wish you the same!

Prayers for our loving OFF Family and their families.

Lots of love and hugs to all...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 8/20/15 2:36 pm - Evansville, IN

Hello Cindi and my OFF family:

I am dragging today. It's my Monday, so I just want to go to sleep here at work. I did go to the Y this morning for my arthritis exercise class. One of the photographers from the newspaper pops up there ... this petite young woman named Erin comes in with her huge cameras. I asked her please don't take any photos of me in my swimsuit. She said she was shooting the instructor. Oh, well, good. Anyway, the class was fun and now no more classes until mid-September because they're cleaning the pool. I can go to the downtown Y or over to Henderson, Ky., across the border. But I don't know about classes. The downtown Y's arthritis class is at 1:30 p.m. ... Too late for me during my workweek because I would want to have time to have lunch and rest before work. 

On the way to work, I stopped at the post office. Now there's this big road construction project on Washington Ave. where the post office is. So I turn into the post office and there's this big hole ... but I thought it would be OK because there was no sign saying don't enter. Well, it was a mess. I hope I didn't wreck my alignment from that. Next time I know to go down to the next street and turn. 

I had a rough night sleeping wise... had a bit of an anxious moment where I had a dream that woke me up (but I can't remember it) and went to open my Xanax pills but couldn't get the bottle open (thanks, childproof caps). I finally used a scissors to pry it open, put the pills in a new bottle that wasn't childproof and took my pill. Stayed up and watched TV for a while and played some solitaire until I calmed down. Like I said, I don't remember what it was, but I was spooked. 

Anyway, I should get to work. Judy, I'm glad you're home and I hope you feel better. 

Everyone else, have a good evening.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 8/20/15 3:32 pm

Hi Eileen...I wouldn't be happy if someone took my picture in a swim suit!! I am glad the women was just there for the instructor!!

I hope your car is okay...that can sure mess up your car driving on roads like that.

Sorry about your dreams and not sleeping well. Hope tonight is a better night. I always order my meds without childproof caps. They have it right in their computer. I can't open those regular bottles at all. If they send me one I have to go to the office and have someone there open it for me. Then I call and remind them  about the caps when I order the next refills. 

I hope you have a good night tonight...love and hugs..connie d

Patricia R.
on 8/20/15 4:52 pm - Perry, MI

Good Evening Ladies,

Thank you all so much, for the love, compassion, kicks in the butt, and suggestions.  I made phone calls yesterday, and thought I had found someone, but he was retired.  The receptionist suggested someone else, took my name and number so he could call me.  Well, I spoke with him today, and it turns out that he practices psychodynamic therapy, which is too similar to psychoanalysis.  I am looking for a cognitive behavioral therapist, which helped me in Pennsylvania.  So, I've made more phone calls, and left messages.  We'll see.  I am hopeful.

I had a crazy fun evening last night, which wore me out.  Colleen, and Trent, along with Trent's brother and his wife, went to a dinner in honor of Jessi's parents.  You may remember that Jessi died last year.  Well, her parents have owned the IGA grocery store here since forever.  Turns out they are retiring this month, and they sold the store.  So, someone organized a dinner for them.  Well, I not only watched my grandchildren.  I also watched their three cousins, all girls, ages 4, 3 and 13 months.  They are precious angels, and get along very well with my Munchkins.  Well, I gave them supper, fed the baby, and had my three take their showers.  Since the baby can't walk, and was occasionally fussy, I got a workout carrying her around.  Not to mention, she's a little chunk-a-lunk.  She has the kind of cheeks you just want to squeeze and kiss all over.  They all know me from nursery on Sundays, so they always greet me with a big hug, and they call me Miss Trish.  That's what most of the kids at our children's program call their leaders, Miss___ or Mr.___, first names.  The cousins' parents gave me a huge box of garden fresh produce for payment, coz they know I refuse to take money for watching kids.  I never turn down fresh summer produce.  They gave me a zucchini as thick as Isabel's leg, four delicious ears of corn, a slew of white and red potatoes, and a turnip.  

Today I took a box of stuff over to their house for a huge, multi-family yard sale.  While there, I picked up Eagles and Phillies cheerleader dresses I had given Isabel years ago.  I'm passing it onto my niece for her baby.  Her husband makes me look like an amateur Philly sports fan.  She let him decorate their living room with Phillies and Eagles gear.  Not even my son, Chris, nor I do that.  Framed poster of the ballpark over their fireplace, a lawn gnome with an Eagles helmet on its head.  I got other clothes, but those two won't sell here, coz this is Lions and Tigers country.  Oh my!

I tried to get my lawn mower started, but gave up.  A boy from down the street cut my grass, so I paid him.  It wasn't a great job, but it's better than it had been.  Then, I played with my new toy, a weed wacher.  I had one at my last apartment, and it sucked.  Plus, it was electric, so I had the hassle of dragging the extension cord with me.  This time, I ordered a battery powered one from Amazon, charged the battery, and had fun shredding whatever grew around my trees, and along my edging.  

I also went to Rite Aid, and Dollar General, which along with the IGA are the only stores in town.  Well, we have a hardware store too.  If I want different stores, it's a 30 minute drive, which is a huge difference from back home, with a 10 minute drive, and a whole lot more stores to choose from.

Vickie, honey, my heart broke when I read your posts from yesterday and today.  Honey, I understand why you wish you were dead, and with him in heaven.  I get it.  But, think about the awesome gift God gave you, in anticipating little Pita.  She, and the boys, will want to hear stories about Butch, and you, when you were dating, and first married.  Isabel loves when my mom, or I tell stories about way back when.  Plus, all of them love to hear about when their Mom and uncles were kids, and the crazy, funny things we all did as a family.  You are the only person who can share those stories with the grandkids.  They need you.  And you need them.  You can do this.  It sucks, and hurts, and you'll cry so many tears, you'll think you can't do it anymore, but you will survive.  It will be worth it.

Love to all.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mary Gee
on 8/20/15 7:32 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Sorry I haven't posted earlier - spending time at the hospital.

Things have gotten better, but there's still a long way to go.  James is responsive and awake - he knows me.  His potassium levels were very high, his kidneys are not working right, and he has an overload of ammonia in his system.  Medications have reduced the ammonia so he is not longer unconscious.  He has been started on dyalisis, and they don't know if it will only be temporary or if it will be a lifelong thing.  The Liver Transplant Team is evaluating him as an urgent care patient - doing tests, then they will all meet to discuss whether or not he qualifies for a transplant.  There are not enough organs for everyone who qualifies, so they are super-selective.  A big strike against him is the fact he ended up in the hospital because he did not take his medications as prescribed.  In other words, he was not compliant.  They stress the fact that after a transplant he would have to take loads of medications, and cannot omit any of them.

Right now its lots of testing, then wait for the Team's decision.  Then, if he qualifies for the transplant list, waiting for the phone to ring.

Tomorrow, I have to take care of Taylor.  We had promised Maura several weeks ago we would take her because her daycare is closed.  We had all forgotten about it until Maura went to pick up Taylor this afternoon and the daycare teacher wished Maura a good weekend.  Maura has no one else lined up as back-up.  In one way it's a good thing, because it forces me to take some time off from the hospital.  I'm so tired after just a few days - don't know how Vickie took care of Butch for so long...she is indeed a super-strong woman.  I guess we are all stronger than we think we are when it comes to doing things for the ones we love.

I will keep you all posted.  Thanks for keeping me in your prayers -- they have made a big difference.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Eileen Briesch
on 8/20/15 7:54 pm - Evansville, IN

Happy to hear Jim is doing better, Mary, but I can imagine how difficult it is to care for such a patient. You really have to make some time for yourself or you will go nuts. Hang in there, stay strong. Swinging chickens for you. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!