Sunny Sunday - LOVE Summer

Ready2goNOW
on 7/12/15 7:48 am

Good Morning Everyone on this beautiful Sunday morning!

There has been ALOT of posting on various subjects so I doubt I will remember all of them, but I will TRY to respond!

Vickie, I am glad the viewing & service are now behind you. I am sure once you catch up on your rest you will begin to move on w/grace & dignity b/c that is who you are. You strike me as an optimist who is able to overcome hard times. As you have said Butch was gone a great deal during your marriage so you know how to survive on your own. And we all DO grieve differently. You may not grieve his loss as much as his presence and place in your family. I can relate to you being relieved he is out of his pain & in a better place.

Judy, I am sorry you are going thru such a mess w/your family! It is hurtful to not be included in the details of your sister's illness & treatment when she is so ill. I hope she does not have to have an amputation. Jim had a hard time mentally & emotionally w/his and many medical complications b/c he contracted MRSA during the surgery. At 73 & in your sisters medical status I think it would be doubly difficult for her. Prayers! In reference to your kids, etc. it really makes me feel old the way things have changed. I seldom receive a formal thank you note anymore, invites are last minute & often done on FB, offers to bring a dish to an event you are hosting or a small gift seem to be things of the past w/the younger generation. I have had to back off from my relationships w/some relatives when they get involved w/idiots. I want no part of the drama, and I certainly don't want it brought to my door! I used to be friendly w/clients until it caused so many issues I had to just make a clear line. It wasn't worth it even if they thought I was a 'witch.'

Eileen, I am glad Jim got a standing appt. to get drained. I think this will decrease the stress on both of you. It really 'unbalances' the household when one person requires a lot of attention...it just throws things off! I relax by swimming, doing lawnwork like you, and even housecleaning.

I think the reason I lost a lot of my hearing so young is from 'being trapped in a rock concert' which is riding in the car w/Jim. He likes his music blasting & 80's heavy metal. You cannot have a conversation in his car. But if we take mine I had a back seat driver. One of our major differences is the car situation. so I feel you on that one!

Yvonne, I think most of us live 'boring' lives w/the exception of a few here. I don't enjoy being bored & try to keep occupied w/my home projects, and I often long for the kind of trips Carla, Trish, and Jeannie enjoy. But that is not within reach right now. And despite my attraction to traveling I also am aware I am basically a homebody anyway. I get homesick even when enjoying myself on vacations.

Connie, I think of you all the time and hope you are having better days...and I can so relate to the electronic issues. I have to have Jasmyn show me how to do things on my phone & computer...SMH. But once we get it down we're flying, right?

Jeannie, it was nice to read about you preparing all those meals for your husband. My mom used to take care of my dad like that. Do you miss him like crazy when you are away on your trips?

Tri**** sounds like you have really made the most of your trip home! I hope all settles down w/your mom b/c I am sure you want to get home soon & resume your routines there...

No doubt I am forgetting someone or something, but this is the best I can do this morning.

I plan on taking it easy today after one project. My daughter is going to help me move the swimming pool ladder over to our existing deck so there is no chance of me falling onto the ground again. We were going to expand the deck and build in the ladder, but now we decided moving the ladder has to be done as a safety precaution for me. I hope it works out okay b/c Jim cannot be of much help from his wheelchair...he will 'supervise,' but it will mostly be up to my daughter & myself to do the drilling, moving, securing & deck fitting. Wish us luck!

Everyone have a good day!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 7/12/15 9:04 am

Good morning Kathy and everyone...

Kathy...I am glad the ladder is being relocated....that had me worrying about you!! I am glad your daughter will be there to help you with the project. Let me know how it turns out!! I hope you have some time to relax today!! 

As for me.... I am feeling very sick today...like nausea and the whole thing. I am taking a day for me and won't be doing much of anything.

I still will try to get my walk in later. I always feel better when I finish that. It will be slow going but that is still better then nothing.

I am so glad Vickie is spending the day at the park. She will be with her family celebrating Benny's Birthday. I can't hardly believe he is 5 already!! I know they will be enjoying that time together. I love them all!!

Prayers for our special OFF Family and their families. 

Have a restful and relaxing Sunday!!

I love you all...HUGS...connie d 

lightswitch
on 7/12/15 10:13 am

Connie,

There's a virus going around...take care of yourself and do rest...stay in for the day.

Connie D.
on 7/12/15 10:25 am

Jeannie....I am really sick...miserable!!

I tried to go out an walk a couple times...not doing it unless I feel better later!

Need a nap now...will check in here later...I have a horrible headache too...OUCH...need to grab a ice-pack!!

Thanks so much for caring....love you..HUGS...connie d

sleevedin2014
on 7/12/15 3:04 pm

Feel better Connie.  As I stated before, I have to hand it to you.  You are in constant pain, plus have other health problems.  I wish there were something we could do to help you feel better.  I nap too, sometimes in the afternoon, mostly because I go outside in the heat.....I live in Port St. Lucie FL, the summer rains are not here yet and the temps are in the 90s every day with high humidity.  After being out in that weather for a short time, I am bushed.  Sending love and healing hugs.     Arlene G

poegirl100
on 7/12/15 9:30 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello sistas,

We are almost ready to leave for Landa Park for Benny's party.  It's a beautiful place in New Braunfels.  The park itself is lovely, but the main attraction is the swimming pool!  They diverted part of the Comal River and made a huge natural swimming pool.  Here's a picture of the natural pool:

The water is cold and clear and green.  It's a good place for a super hot day in July.  I've got my sunscreen on and my hats: one to wear and one to swim in.  I burn so easily.

So, we've had an interesting morning around here.  As one of my best friends always tells me, "You live on drama, don't you?"  It's NOT me who's the drama queen around here, but it is me who always has to pick up the pieces.  This morning we've had two big events.  

First) my daughter's dog, Lulu, bit a chunk out of our neighbor's daughter's dog!  Oh my, we all feel awful about it.  Lulu reached her little head through the wrought iron fence and caught hold of the other dog's nose and bit it.  I have been over to apologize AGAIN and to offer to pay any vet bills that might be needed.  

When I get a chance, I'm going to have the landscape company come and build my new raised flower beds, and I'll just have them put a better screen up between our two yards on that portion of the fence.

And Second): holy crap!  Carrie took a pregnancy test this morning and she's pregnant.  I knew she was.  She's been throwing up non-stop.  She thought she was throwing up from the stress of grad school and her daddy's illness, but when I pressed her about it, she hasn't had a period since mid-May.  So she thought that over and went and bought a test yesterday.  I told her it is not the end of the world.  I will help her finish grad school.  If I have to move to Waco next winter to help her, then so be it.  We are not telling anyone yet, so PLEASE do not post about this on FB!  The father is the the ex-boyfriend Leo.  I told her what I told Christie: I have resources and we do not need a damn thing from that rat *******  So THINK before you say anything to him.  What's done is done, but we do not have to compound the situation.

Anyway, first things first.  She needs to go see a real OB/GYN (not campus health services) and we'll take it from there.  So I'm still going to North Padre Island next week, but then the NEXT week, I'm going to Waco.  She's going to need my support.

I know I should write more about the funeral, but I'm just not ready yet.  I'm too busy trying to process all the events of this morning right now.  And it's time to leave for the park.  I love you all so much.  I'll check back in later.  

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 7/12/15 10:05 am

Hi Vickie...what a beautiful place to spend a day!! I wish we had something like that around here. Have fun with everyone!!

Sorry about Lulu biting the neighbors dog. That is very nice of you to offer to pay the vet bill. In that situation I would too.

Putting up screens is a great idea. That will make a huge difference. I also like the idea of the raise flower beds. I can't wait to see pics when it is all completed.

Congrats to Carrie and all of you!! I know it is a shock but a very welcomed one!! We all just love those sweet babies!! It will all work out. Maybe the baby will be a girl this time!! I won't say a thing to anyone about this.

I am glad you will be going to Waco after your little get away. You are right Carrie will need you. How far away does Carrie live from you now? She doesn't have to much left of grad school does she?

You write about the funeral and all when you feel like it...there is no time frame....maybe you will want to just keep it to yourself. I understand!

Loads of love and oodles of hugs...connie d

lightswitch
on 7/12/15 10:21 am

Vic,

I agree with Connie that the picnic spot is gorgeous.  There's nothing like swimming in natural water. 

Dogs are territorial and sadly those kinds of things happen...I am sure your neighbor understands but putting up a safety fence will go a long way for keeping peace.  

I hope your daughter doesn't tell that rat about the pregnancy or baby because he is a no good for nothing ass and if he knows about the baby he will be in her life forever and she will forever have to worry about the times he comes to visit the baby or take the baby.  My granddaughter doesn't have the same father as my two grandsons and even though the boy's father knows, he still gave her his name, treats her like his, and the other grandparents are involved equally in all of their lives...the biological father is a douche and she didn't tell him because she didn't want him connected to her or to have claim to our beautifull baby and one time, he saw us at Walmart and he looked at our granddaughter and said, oh, is this Meagan's little girl and I said, yes, and he said, wow, she looks just like her mom and I said, yes, and BG said, no, I have my daddy's eye lashes....and he smiled and said, well you are a beautiful little girl and he walked away....I didn't realize it until he walked away but I was holding my breath....and she does have her daddy's eyelashes.....Graduate school is hard and writing a dissertation requires hours and hours and hours of research and writing and meeting and having your support will make it possible for her plus her teaching.  Both the girls are lucky to have you for their mom....

Write about the funeral when you are ready. Have fun at NorthPadre Island....it will refresh you. 

sleevedin2014
on 7/12/15 3:01 pm

Have fun at the water park.  It is so scorching hot here in Port St Lucie FL, in the nineties and it hasn't rained, I stay indoors most of the time,  Sorry bout the dog nipping the neighbor's dog.  These things happen and thank goodness the neighbor was understanding about it.  Do what you have to do with your daughter Carrie.  If the father is a jack@@@, she need have nothing to do with him. You are a good mom to go to Waco to be with her for a while. And when you are ready, talk about things you find difficult to talk about now.  I am like Connie, I forget what everyone said so I probably start answering each person individually.  Regards and love, Arlene G

lightswitch
on 7/12/15 10:11 am

Hey Ladies,

I am so tired of hearing so I wasn't going to wear my hearing aides but then my DH reminded me that the doctor said unless I wear them every single day and for at least 8 hours, I will never get used to the sounds...so I have the hearing aides in and I am trying to like it.   DAMNIT

My granddaughter and I ended my marathon cooking by making some sugar free cookies and some biscuits that I made eggs, turkey bacon, and cheese biscuits and froze for him to have a variety of breakfast foods.  Today I am making travel food....large hoagies to be eaten by the students, trail mix (without peanuts), and some energy bars.  I think I am going to make some cookies too....I am not opposed to stopping to eat, but I cannot eat all that junk food or I will die so I take options.  I'm also taking cheese sticks, raisins, and some prunes.   

We are taking the granddaughter home this evening and I will put the finishing touches on packing.  Our group was going to leave out today but we decided to leave early in the morning so we can get to WY by evening.  Yeah.

Oh and yesterday I vacuumed the living room and bedroom carpet, swept and mopped the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom....this is a small apartment and my hips are killing me....two years ago, we lived in a huge house with three big bedrooms, two baths, a large hallway, living room, dining room, den, kitchen, and laundry room and the entire floor was hardwood with the exception of tile in the bathrooms and kitchen and every single Saturday, I swept, mopped, and waxed the hardwood floors and swept and mopped the tile plus all the other chores...and I don't remember ever being sore once....and twice a week I dust mopped...what the hell is happening to me? 

I don't remember what everyone posted so I'll probably post to others separate. You guys have a good Sunday.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views