Just droppin in after a long time gone

Musicmama88
on 8/21/11 3:03 pm - Danville, IN
Hi there OFFers..its been a long long time since I posted or even dropped by here. I was just wondering if any of the old crowd was still on,,and it was a delight to see that so many still are.

As for me, I have been battling some regain, as many have. I had gained about 45 pounds but am happy to say have recently taken off 20 of that and am back on track, thank the Lord. I always was a stress eater and I have had a tremendous amount of stress in the last couple of years. I guess Ill use that as an excuse,,its as good as any.

However,,things are better and so is the eating. I am still healthy, and still think the WLS is the best thing I ever did for myself. I would do it again in a heartbeat.I have learned that its always going to be a battle, but at least I have the tools to help make it a little easier. Hubby and I recently started eating healthy again and to boot we have a huge garden this year. Thats been my major source of exercise and it sure is a workout!! Im canning and preserving and picking and weeding and ,,,,,well,,,you get the picture Im sure.

Hope  you all have a great day. Ill pop back in a see what you all are up to soon.
Be blessed!
Betsy

All in all, l ife is good and I cant complain.
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

ShirleyG
on 8/21/11 8:24 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hi Betsey
Glad to see your doing well.  So many leave and just lurk when they get busy ,,,ME for one :) 

Have a blessed week
Hugs
Shirley
Nancy H.
on 8/21/11 9:46 pm - Traverse City, MI
Glad to see you back!!!
Nan
annette R.
on 8/21/11 11:11 pm - ithaca, NY
Betsy,

It is a pleasant surprise to see you. A big garden is a bonus. You have fresh veggies and the exercise is enjoyable.

Hugs
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Eileen Briesch
on 8/22/11 12:38 am - Evansville, IN

Good to see you, Betsy. I couldn't do a garden, not with my knees, but I love the fresh produce (I just go to the farmers market). Good for you for taking it on.

Don't be a stranger.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Laureen S.
on 8/22/11 12:45 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Betsy,

Nice to see you and the regain is an issue for many of us, but you got yourself back on track and that is great.  I do a post once/twice a week on combating regain and how I am doing it, just something I am doing as a way to stay on top of it and help others who are experiencing it, as a way of knowing they are not alone and can get back to doing what needs to maintain healthier living.

Glad you are enjoying your garden, I have a small one, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, eggplant, basil, for some reason my zucchini plants did not do well this year, which was very disappointing, but maybe next year.

Like you, life is good and I'm grateful for it!

Take care and hope to see you more.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 8/22/11 1:32 am
Hi Betsy and welcome back!!!!! It sure has been awhile since you posted....glad to see you are back!!

Many of us are fighting re-gain....we can all stick together and hopefully get it lost for good. Congrats on the 20 pounds you have lost already!

Hugs...connie d
karen C.
on 8/22/11 4:12 pm - Kennewick, WA
Betsy, It is so good to see you!

Karen C

petiteposies
on 9/13/11 1:37 am - FL
Hi Betsy!  I am one of the new kids on the block!  My surgery is coming up the 19th of Sept.  I loved your post, how you are overcoming your 'slip', your words were so cheerful and helpful, please don't stay away so long ...  How I would love to have a garden and maybe I will if myself and a few others have it our way!  Trying to get some folks interested in a community garden!!  Hope to see you again soon ... blessings ... Samantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views