overwelmed

smck_52
on 3/27/11 8:58 am
Hi OFF friends, I have gone to my pre-op and start my pre-op diet Monday. I am a little mixed up. I am going to make a log to make sure I have the correct dose of supplements. Then it changes after surgery, well more supplements are added. Up til now I never heard that after surgery I have to have fat solubles, and essential fatty acids supplemented. sigh! I hope I get it all straight. I am feeling very emotional and I guess frightened. I have been very sensitive and friends comments are just setting me to tears. Oh dear, tears just thinking about it. gotta go have a good week and blessings for all of you Sharon
smck_52
poegirl100
on 3/27/11 2:28 pm - Cibolo, TX
Sharon,

It's gonna be all right.  You're going to be fine.  It IS overwhelming at first.  I know how you feel.  I felt the same way.  I'm just over 4 weeks out and I'm still getting the hang of it.  But every day is better.  No, I don't get all my supplements exactly right every day.  But I'm trying and I'm getting better at remembering to take them at the right times.  It's not a race to see who can be the most perfect patient first. 

You can do this!  Just have a little faith in yourself.  You can do it.

Vickie

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 3/27/11 3:22 pm - Perry, MI
I am not great at taking my vitamins everyday either.  I was only told to take two multivitamins a day,  in addition to calcium citrate.  My hematologist has me taking Vitamin D weekly, and I get B12 shots and occasional iron infusions because of malabsorption. 

It sounds like your emotions are raw, and you need someone to talk to.  Hopefully, you have a good friend you can talk to who is not critical of your decision to have this surgery.  If you don't have a trusted friend, it would not hurt to check out therapy.  A lot of therapists specialize in weight loss surgery patients, and there are a lot of emotions that come up with this surgery. 

In the meantime, we are here, and I totally understand that feeling of being overwhelmed.  It will work out, and you will be fine.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

SUNRAY
on 3/27/11 3:40 pm - Sacramento, CA
Please find a support group to attend....the support and encouragment, not to mention the help/advice you'll get, is so helpful, especially when you are brand new post op.  Ask your surgeon if he knows of any local groups or go the OH forum for your state and ask there.  And if the vitamin requirements are confusing you...ask your surgeon's office to write their recommended schedule down for you....you must be pro-active in your care.  Your doctors can't help you if you don't let them know what you need.   And by all means, voice your concerns here and continue to ask questions...we ALL want to support you and help you be successful.
God Bless!!
Nancy aka Sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

Debbiejean
on 3/27/11 10:01 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Sharon,
Yes, at first you get overwhelmed with what you need to learn and how to manage your WLS process. Later on you will relax and the routine will be well...routine.
Keep posting we are here to give you support and cheer you on to your new lifestyle change.
Oh yeah...and if you want to cry go a head, it's good for you. Hugs Debbie
Connie D.
on 3/27/11 10:11 pm
Sharon....believe me I remember those days!!

It will all fall into place....at first I too used a chart. That helped a lot. I also set timers.

Please don't skip these supplements.....you will be in trouble down the road.  We are required to take them  and I never miss mine. I have heard too amy horror stories from people who don't take theirs.

You will do great.....just follow your doctors suggestions....they do know what they are talking about!

Good luck....we are here to help you any way we can!

Hugs....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1140 views