Had my appt with Dr. Glazer today

Lucile777
on 8/23/17 8:53 pm

hello friends,

i had my appt with Dr. G today and it went really well. He's very caring, down to earth and has your best interests at heart. He's also very patient and he answered all of my questions. Best of all, he has a great sense of humour!

When you get there you check in and fill in a questionnaire. The receptionist was very kind but don't expect her to share the wifi password because it's for office staff only. Then the nurse calls you to get your blood pressure taken. That dang machine hurt! It's the automatic one and it takes a reading 4 times. After that she takes you into a small room to do an EKG. It was very quick, but you do have to remove everything waste up. Then it's just a waiting game to see the doctor.

i passed and I'm thrilled. Now I just have to pass the trio. Good night everyone :)

He is the internist for HRRH btw.

SaraSmiles
on 8/24/17 10:46 pm

Was totally there the same day as you, would not be surprised if we were waiting at the same time. Congrats on getting the approval!

Orientation: Sept 13/2017 @ Humber River; Meet the Surgeon: Dr. Hagen May 12/17; RD, RN, SW: Aug 3/017; Pre-Op: Dr. Glazer July 14/17; Opti Start Date: ????; Surgery Date:????? HW 423 CW 420 GW 175

MsAlamode
on 9/11/17 11:12 am

I'm waiting to hear back from his scheduling team for an appointment, I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with him!

Did you only have to do the blood pressure and EKG? I'm confused about whether everyone has to do the sleep study/colonoscopy/gastroscopy/etc or if they are just for patients who have known co-morbidities.

Good luck with your trio visit :)

Humber River Hospital with Dr. Huynh

Referral May 2016; Orientation Aug 2016; Dr. Huynh Sept 7, 2017; Dr Glazer Nov 21, 2017; RN/RD/SW Nov 22, 2017; Pre-Op Dec 21, 2017; Surgery Jan 12, 2018

Lucile777
on 9/11/17 7:18 pm

Hello,

i diDnt have to get any scopes. Every patient has to get blood pressure and an EKG done in the office right before you meet Dr. glazer. You will have to remove your bra and shirt for the EKG ( I had to anyway) with the female nurse. I think scopes depend on your health.

good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics