Yet another update - wife

Derek C.
on 2/9/17 6:37 pm - North Bay , Canada

After 4 more episodes of excess bleeding my wifes - colonoscopy and endoscopy were moved up a week based on emergency status and done here in North Bay .  Results include Ulcerative  Colitis and a partially healed ulcer within the pouch.  The colitis is treatable with meds , but being a non WLS hospital - the dr prescribed NSAID based Meds which after calling in a favour at TWH we found out they cannot be used .  Now have to try and get a hold of the dr to re-prescribe meds - frustrating thing was he was informed of WLS patient status many many times - yet this happeed - another frustrating event in this journey

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Monica9811
on 2/9/17 7:06 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Sorry to hear this Derek :(. You and your wife have had your challenges.  I hope things get resolved soon. 

Wayne H.
on 2/9/17 8:33 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Wow Dereck, i read up the history of this problem your wife is having?  I hope she feels better soon.  It all sounds like a major Cluster Fug.  

leeann73
on 2/10/17 12:57 am

that sounds  horrible.  I hope she is taken care of and feeling better real soon.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 3:28 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Thinking of you and Toni, hope you can get her some proper meds.  At least now you have an actual reason for her bleeding.  When things like this happen post WLS, it ****** me off that the centres drop patients after 5 years.  I can see them saying no need to be seen yearly but patients should still be allowed access to the WLS team when they have issues.

Most Active
Recent Topics