Question RE: Wait time

fromfattohealthy
on 11/8/16 8:09 am - Canada

Hello everyone,

My orientation is next week, and I am excited to get this process started. My journey is a little different than most, as I am having my Lap Band removed. I have been having a lot of pain where my port is, vomiting and a lot of stuck episodes despite having very little in my band. Aside from my band, I have ZERO health issues, recently had blood work done and it was perfect (exercise has definitely helped)

My question is about wait times - I want this thing OUT ASAP. I can't speak for everyone, but for me - the quality of life with a lap band is awful. I still qualify for weight loss surgery however I am losing weight (I really do not believe this is attributed to my lap band, but more to the fact that I have a difficult time eating, which nonetheless is not healthy) I don't believe I should "skip the line" or come before anyone else, but what kind of wait time am I looking at?

Thank you

GentleDomenic
on 11/8/16 8:55 am - Canada

1-2 years

FozzieBear
on 11/8/16 11:02 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I believe the answer depends a lot on where you are doing your orientation. In my case when I first requested a referral to a Bariatric clinic the first clinic that called me said that their wait time was 18+ months but if I preferred they could pass my file along to another clinic with approximately 6 month wait times. I went with door number two. My orientation was in April and my surgery is scheduled for Nov 21st. 

Best of luck to you!

fromfattohealthy
on 11/8/16 11:28 am - Canada

Wow!! Thank you. That is hopeful! 

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery!!! 

Teena D.
on 11/8/16 11:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's awesome! My orientation was in April as well. I meet the surgeon on the 25th. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

thisgirl
on 11/8/16 11:58 am

In Ottawa, my orientation was April and my surgery was Nov only because I had two rounds of antibiotics for h pylori. Otherwise it would have been much sooner.

(surgery - Nov 4)

Insert Fitness
on 11/8/16 1:52 pm

My first open house in Ottawa was January 5 i****hink. Surgery was sept 8. Some of the timeline depends on how many pre op tests or follow ups you need. And whether this is just a removal, or a revision. 

Good luck!

fromfattohealthy
on 11/9/16 9:40 am - Canada

I am asking for a revision...fingers crossed, my concern is that by the time surgery is booked, my BMI won't qualify me. (I know this is a good thing, even though I know my band isn't helping, I am still very paranoid to not have some kind of "tool")

Most Active
Recent Topics