been away a while. and a question re:sinus meds?

Nikki101
on 9/15/16 7:18 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

So, I've been full time taking care of my grandma all summer and had to take leave from work and make do with what was around.  needless to say my eating suffered and I've gained about 10lbs!!!!  ??. Back on rhe horse as they say and hoping some back to basics eating will help those dossapear... and maybe 5 extra ;)

My question... I have terrible sinus issues which may coincide with my ear issues... I recently had a hole cut in my ear drum to see if it helps.  it has but is now healed and sugery is being debated on. The last few days it's very had pain and today I have the worse sinus pressure imaginable.  my issue is when I blow my nose it hurts my war so bad that I'm now avoiding blowing my nose to much. So I'm hoping for something to also help relieve the pressure... I feel like I got smacked in the face with a basket ball! Lol.

So are we okay ti take things like seoinutab or something similar?

crqvingchange
on 9/15/16 7:28 am

My suggestion would be to use a Nettipot.  You can get one at the drug store.  Use warm water and the salt package that is included.  It's kind of gross at first, but you will love how it cleans out your sinuses.  Blowing your nose just puts pressure on the eardrum, a Nettipot wouldn't do that.  Talk to your pharmacist and see what he suggests.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Nikki101
on 9/15/16 9:04 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Hard to do from school. Lol  I can't really put any liquid in my nose currently. So... nettipot would be out. Lol

Monica9811
on 9/15/16 10:19 am - Peterborough, Canada

Just ask at the pharmacy if the meds you want have nsaids in them.  If they do you cannot take them.  Any Tylenol sinus brands would work though.  Sorry to hear you have had a tough summer.  Hopefully you get back on track soon.  10 can turn into 20 before you know it.  Good luck with everything!

Nikki101
on 9/30/16 8:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I'm back down to 154/153 ish depending on the day.  I seem to be stuck here though. 

My sinuses have always been a little wonky but I managed.  lol.  

School takes up a lot of my time these days.  and visiting grandma. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics