Update 6 months post op

Canadajet
on 5/24/16 5:09 pm

just back from celebrating my 50th birthday! My hubby took me to whitehouse, Jamaica sandals resort with butler service.  What a treat!  

So i made a goal that when I hit my 50 th I wanted to be at 180 pounds and I did it!  I also  had to buy clothes and decided that I was going to wear a two piece bikini and I did!  I have had to rethink how I shop. I still tend to go to the larger sizes.  My girlfriend would chase me out of the section of 1x and xl and force me to try clothes in medium and large.  

I will tell you that I worried about eating at the resort but no problem. I brought my protein powder and every morning the butler would make my shake.  I met with the chef at dinner and they prepared my meal to my specifications.  I had a sip of champagne for my bday with no ill effects. Overall, it was incredible.  I even managed to play tennis which I could not have done 6 months ago.  

So I am now down 64 pounds.  Goal weight is 150 on the conservative side.  The weight loss is slower but I expected this so I do not panic anymore when I weigh myself weekly.  I even lost 2 pounds while on vacation. 

Tonight I play my first coed softball game and it still shocks me that I have the energy to play.  I have no regrets having the surgery.  Hope everyone is doing well. Go to go and stretch 

Patm
on 5/25/16 6:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like a great vacation. Congratulations on your success so far

Most Active
Recent Topics