6 weeks post op pain

ready-4-new-start
on 5/22/16 5:14 am - Canada

I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow, every since I woke up from surgery I been in pain. I was told the pain is was normal. But at 6 weeks I don't see a lot of people posting about having pain still. I do go to support group most of the people there said they didnt have pain.. My pain is in middle of my back and ribs! It's not a stabbing pain or sharp pain.. My back feels like I did zillion crunches and my ribs are tender and sore..  Did anyone else feel like this at 6 weeks?? I am not exercising just going for walks.. Not lifting anything heavy 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

White Dove
on 5/22/16 7:48 am - Warren, OH

It sounds like pain caused by the way you were positioned on the surgery table.  Your back muscles and nerves are protesting. 

You need to be treating that pain.  You can use ice packs or Biofreeze.  Biofreeze is a cream or spray that does what ice does but without the wetness or dripping.  Follow with heat packs or a heating pad.  Take Tylenol and talk to your doctor about something stronger to get that pain under control.

Pain is never normal.  It is the body's way of telling us that something is wrong. The longer it is untreated the worse it is going to feel.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

IamBettyCooper
on 5/24/16 1:59 pm

I would call the nurse practitioner and have a chat, just to make sure it isn't something more serious.

Most Active
Recent Topics