What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Zizzler
on 5/5/16 3:00 am

Good morning everyone,

Supposed to go up to 18 degrees today, its going to be nice!  FYI on gnc lean protein shakes, they are on sale bogo 50% off until May 9th.  Picked up some of them a few days ago. They have upped the price by 5+ bucks per case, but still a great deal if you buy when on bogo. 

Been thinking a lot lately about how being a sensitive empathic person has influenced my life over the years.  These character traits leads very easily to depression and anxiety, which for me can turn into poorer food choices.  I remember years ago my family doctor describing our digestive system as a second brain, so to me it makes sense all the emotional changes I am going through having stomach surgery, how could it not be so?  I just try to be kind to myself and others and stay in the moment as much as possible and forgive myself when I make mistakes.  It is a work in progress and that is ok. 

Anyone else feel they may be highly sensitive/empathic?  Supposedly 20% of the population is, but it can be hard to see who they are as they tend to be very private.  Here is some info on the topic:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/prescriptions-life/2011 05/top-10-survival-tips-the-highly-sensitive-person-hsp

http://thehappysensitive.com/about

Plan to go to my group singing club tonight for the first time in months, although I know I will be exhausted as it is a teaching day today.  Just so draining, although it is hard to think of your problems when you are in front of an audience, which is nice.  Singing is such a release and I am sure it will help, it always has before.

20 months post op

b - gnc chocolate shake mixed with decaf coffee

s - high protein/fibre low carb hot cereal

l - 1 cup beef black soybean chili

s - 30 calorie yogurt and old cheddar cheese piece

d - lately its just been easy stuff so probably same as lunch from the freezer

s - "oh yeah" protein bar if I get hungry at singing, if not then just a xl decaf tea or coffee with sweetener

All water and vitamin.  Have a nice day everyone.  In honour of the late Prince I would like to say "I wish you heaven"

birdiegirl
on 5/5/16 3:29 am

RNY  7 YEARS 1 Month post op 

Morning 

Most people I know are sensitive,  especially to comments.  We just wear a hard shell for protection.   I think too, that you have to talk to yourself alot to balance things out.  Balance is so difficult to achieve,  but so important in all aspects of our life.  Humour,  and not taking yourself too seriously can help too.  Nature helps me.  One of the reasons I love golf so much is the chance to walk in natural surroundings.   Watching the animals and appreciating the beauty surrounding me has always helped my perspective on my problems. 

Steps:  Can't find where I set my fitbit down.  I would guess around 6000

Eats

B -  Premier protein shake blended with ice

L - 1 piece of leftover veal marsala -  will weigh to 5 oz and trim if necessary 

D - Beef meatballs -  5 oz

1/4 cup  tomato sauce 

2 TB of parm

1.5 cups of kale salad

S  - oikos greek cherry

- Carnation light hot chocolate mixed with decaf.  Squirt of light whip topping 

MYFITNESSPAL  totals :  Calories - 1,136,  Carbs - 67,  Protein  -  101

All water and vits

Have a great one    

birdiegirl
on 5/5/16 3:36 am

Zizzler,  I just read the first article and I can't believe how many of their suggestions I already do.  I think like many who have food problems,  we internalize and re-live things.  Perspective is so important.  

Zizzler
on 5/5/16 8:46 pm

Birdiegirl, that is so cool that you are doing those things already.  I am already doing many myself but never realized why they were so helpful.  I really liked your comment about being in nature through golf, it sounds lovely. :0)

Meggles07
on 5/5/16 5:10 am - Canada

Good morning. Zizzler, I agree that it can be hard when we are sensitive in keeping our eating under control. Eating to celebrate, eating when bored, sad, happy, frustrated. And I feel I have all the tools to do what I'm supposed to, yet for some reason I'm still sabotaging my own success.

Today I'm off to school for a meeting about our new research project. Sometimes these things move so slowly. Then I think I will go get some goodies for my mom and I for the weekend. She is coming to visit for mother's day.

14 months post-op today!! :) 

Breakfast - yogurt, banana, cereal

Snack - cheese, applesauce

Lunch - burger, veggies, crackers

Snack - chickpeas, yogurt

Snack - egg, pickles

Dinner - unknown meat and veg??

Snack - chicken, protein bites

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 5/5/16 8:51 pm

I feel that way too sometimes Meggles, it is tough.  I guess it just goes to show that we can try to be as logical and knowledgeable about things as possible yet there will still be a struggle.  We are all emotional creatures and sometimes they win.  I try to accept it, minimize the damage, and get back on track as soon as possible. 

Ginnny
on 5/5/16 5:38 am, edited 5/4/16 10:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning! Beautiful looking day out there! Will take the doggies for a walk! 

B - premier protein

L - 2 oz tuna on 4 melba rounds

D - zucchini pizza casserole

S - cheese string with 2 slices deli turkey

Totals: Cal: 768, Carbs 28, Protein 92

Patm
on 5/5/16 6:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. Work and home. Have a bank appointment tonight so will go for a walk with the dog at the same time. The dog loves going to the bank. They always have dog biscuits.

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l chicken salad, celery, source yogurt

s turkey pepperette, cheese string

d chicken salad

s laughing cow and crackers

birdiegirl
on 5/5/16 6:23 am

Good for the bank!  Must be because you are downtown and more walkers.  I don't think mine gives out treats 

new_me180
on 5/5/16 9:03 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Not the sympathetic/empathetic here i'm afraid Z. It takes a lot to get me all sensitive. Nothing much planned today and this cold is still hanging around and kicking my butt. Didn't sleep well last night because of coughing. Oh well, here's to a better day. I was asked to come into work later on today, might as well go and earn some money for the summer.

2 1/2yrs post-op

B - 1/3 cup zucchini, 2oz stewed beef, coffee 5%

S - 2oz chicken breast

L - 1oz chicken breast, 1oz mozzarella cheese on 1/2 flat-out light

S - 2oz salmon

D - ??

S - pumpkin pancake

Hope everyone has a great day, Nia

Most Active
Recent Topics