What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 4/17/16 4:10 am

Good morning everyone.  Supposed to go up to 18 degrees here today s going to take the pups for a walk.  Also have family visiting from out of town so I will be having dinner with them again tonight.  My sister was a beautiful radiant bride yesterday and everything went smoothly and well for them.  Really happy for her and wish her all the best in the world. Having said that, I looked at the wedding pics and they really freaked me out, I do not look the way I thought I looked.  I thought I was adjusted psychologically but evidently not.  I do not like the way I look now, my face is too skinny for my liking and I look so much older now than pre-surgery.  I have aged 15 years in 2 years, before I looked much younger than I was.  But I will learn to accept it and it is worth it for the health benefits, there is no question.  Amazing how just when you think you have accepted everything whamo another thing to have to adjust to. On a more positive note, I will be trying a new hot yoga class this morning called "tune up", supposed to re-align your body.  I tried the nutrisaveurs ready made meal of chicken and mushrooms and it was good but it did not fill me up portion-wise plus it is pretty expensive so I probably would not buy it again.  It was worth trying I just cant justify paying 10 bucks for something I can make myself for 50 cents at home.

20 months post op

b - gnc lean protein shake banana, decaf coffee throughout day

s - protein shake at the gym

l - eggwhite psyllium wrap with something in it

s - same as lunch

d - protein and veg at baton rouge, possibly a little slice of cake afterwards

s - leftovers if there are any, herbal tea with sucralose

All water and vits Have a nice day everyone!

crqvingchange
on 4/17/16 4:49 am

Zizzler I know what you mean.  This aging thing has been playing with my head.  Yesterday a person asked me if I was my friend's mother.  My friend is only 5 years younger than me.  Inside I was mortified.  Before WLS people always guessed my age as being younger, but now it's older.  On OH I have read that the body redistributes weight and we don't look as gaunt as we do in the first 2 years.  I'm really hoping that is the case with me.  Before WLS I moved like an old person, now I move much more freely and am stronger, but now I look like an old person.

Zizzler so glad your sister's wedding went well.  It was a beautiful day weather-wise.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 4/17/16 5:24 am

Thanks Cc, it is good to hear I am not the only one feeling this way.  I don't know what you looked like pre-op but you look super nice to me each time I meet you.  I no longer get compliments on how good I look, I get comments such as "oh, you have lost more weight" and "are you still losing weight".  It sucks but from the pics yesterday I can see why people don't recognize me or have anything positive to say.  It looks to me like someone let the air out of my face, like "flat tire" face.  The wedding was really nice and all went well, it was pretty much perfect weather too.  I hope birdiegirl is right about after the first 2 years your body settles, that would be great :0)

crqvingchange
on 4/17/16 5:57 am

See I thought you looked nice when I met you, but I also had never met you before WLS.  I also get comments like that.  People will say I can see from your face you have lost more weight.  Sometimes I haven't lost any more weight but my face looks thinner.  I never told people I had WLS so I get a lot of "How are you feeling" with the concerned voice, lol.  Some people that know how hard I workout will say things like "You are looking great", I can't handle those compliments very well either and always end up saying "No you look great".  We are such a work in process.  Thank goodness for OH where we can come and vent, and ask questions, and speak freely.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 4/17/16 8:43 am

I agree, OH is such a blessing in so many ways. 

Your comment about people asking how you are feeling made me laugh, I get the same concerned tone from people sometimes and it is annoying.  The only time I get compliments anymore are if I see someone I have not seen since before surgery, then they either do no recognize me at all or they say "good for you" or "what a change" etc.  Its true I feel uncomfortable either way.  Aren't we funny eh?  Have you ever seen someone from pre-op who you do not like and they clearly do not recognize you so you purposely do not say hi?  It is not too often that this happens but when it does I get a funny thrill out of saying nothing, like I am a master of disguise or something.  lol   

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/16 6:01 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Many won't comment that have known us as obese forever as they aren't sure if we just lost weight because we worked at it or if we are sick.  I had many that hadn't seen me in ages say nothing then later heard they were asking if I was okay.  No comments are just more out of concern as to why we lost weight. 

Zizzler
on 4/17/16 8:49 am

Good point Tracey, I hadn't thought about it that way.  I just find it funny to be on the opposite end of annoying comments about my weight.  Pre-op I would get negative comments about my larger size from time to time but now the feedback is negative and I am no longer obese.  I don't know, it plays with your head you know? 

birdiegirl
on 4/17/16 4:55 am

Too difficult to post on my tablet, but TRUST ME both of you, your face will go from gaunt to normal for your age by year 3

Zizzler
on 4/17/16 5:27 am

Thank you birdiegirl, that is good to know.  Seems like the turns in this journey just keep on going eh? lol

Meggles07
on 4/17/16 5:19 am - Canada

Not too much planned for today. Just popping out to the pet store for their spring sale. Gotta feed the pup :) Then maybe a stop in at a hardware store. We got a new mailbox but our house number is on the old one. I have to figure out which style I want to go with now.

I was pretty active yesterday but I didn't stick with my eating plan. I want to do better today!!

Breakfast - ham and oatmeal

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chicken and steak leftovers

Snack - refried beans, pepperette

Snack - egg, pickles

Dinner - unknown, maybe a pork roast

Snack - yogurt

All water and vits

Most Active
Recent Topics