What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Zizzler
on 4/1/16 4:16 am

Good morning everyone!  I am home sick today so it will not be a super exciting day but I plan to stay on track with my eating. Yesterday I got bad health news, from my bloodwork they think I have a tumor on my adrenal glands.  I have to go in for an MRI asap to confirm and then surgery to remove it.  I am relieved to get a reason for my symptoms but at the same time it is scary to think of another surgery or possibly a cancerous tumor. Has anyone else ever had this surgery? 

Plan to do some sort of exercise today at some point, I will check my gym schedule to see what classes are available.  Zero gravity restorative yoga was pretty cool, although I prefer a hot room.  It is basically using a hammock-like tool instead of blocks, so you are suspended for most of the class.  It felt nice to be suspended in mid-air, I might do that one again. Makes me want a hammock at home. lol

19 months post op

b - gnc lean shake - banana

s - sensato zero net carb hot cereal with whey protein added

l - tuna salad on celery sticks

s -  sensato zero net carb hot cereal with whey protein added

d -  4-5 meatball in tomato sauce with mozza with yellow wax beans

s - a few pork rinds if I get hungry, later...hot tea with sucralose before bed

All water and vits.  Have a good one everyone :0)

birdiegirl
on 4/1/16 4:48 am

RNY 7 Years today!

Morning

Glad to see you post Zizz.  Take responsibility for it and it will truly help you stay focused on eating.  Hopefully it is good news for you re the adrenal tumor.  I was also diagnosed with one a few years post kidney removal from an MRI I had for something else.  Nephrologist said it was nothing and he has been correct.  Try and stay calm until you receive a full report

Day two of the tournament today.  I am sneezing and coughing miserably, so glad its an outdoor activity and only my cart partner will have to put up with me.  We are partners in this event so I have to show up.  Both of our husbands had this cold/cough last week so if she gets it too I can blame it on him. 

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

Early lunch - 2 eggs and 1 thin slice of sargento cheddar scrambled

On golf course - 1 Arnolds thins with 1.5 TB of crunchy peanut butter

1 medium  navel orange

Post golf party - 4 chicken wings

few carrots/celery and dressing

1 Mich Ultra

S -   Arnolds bagel thins in Cinnamon raison

glass of skim milk - 1 cup

1 skinny cow popsicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,584,  Carbs - 118 Grams,  Protein - 102 Grams, 

All water and vits

Have a great one 

Zizzler
on 4/1/16 5:09 am

Thanks birdiegirl, I will try to remain calm.  Sorry to hear about your cold, good luck at golf today.

Meggles07
on 4/1/16 5:31 am - Canada

Good morning!!

I'm sitting around waiting for our new freezer to be delivered. Next week my SO is picking up a 1/4 cow. This is a new adventure for me, but he grew up on a farm. He is so excited about the meat lol.

I've been feeling very tired and just off again. Trying to make sure I take all my vits on schedule. There might be a nap in my future.

Breakfast - peameal bacon, yogurt

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - ham, beans

Snack - egg, pickles

Snack - pudding, protein bar

Dinner - leftover spaghetti

Snack - popcorn (we are going to a hockey game and this is my downfall)

All water and vits.

birdiegirl
on 4/1/16 5:33 am

How is your iron? 

Low iron produces a tiredness like no other.  Muscle-less.  ( I don't think that's a word but you get the picture)

Meggles07
on 4/1/16 5:38 am - Canada

Iron was very good in my last set of labs. My family doc just keeps saying my body needs time to adjust to the surgery and weight loss. I disagree as I'm over a year post-op. I did have a bit of relief after they adjusted some of my meds, but that seems to have worn off now. Just having trouble getting going.

birdiegirl
on 4/1/16 5:41 am

It does take a long time to fully recover your vim and vigor post major surgery.  I know I looked haggard for the first 18 months.

Keep an eye on it eh?  and take care - sleep when you need to

Patm
on 4/1/16 6:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

A few year ago we bought 1/4 cow from a friend. Her father had died and they were getting rid of the cattle on the farm. It was the best meat I have ever eaten. Wish I had the space for it now.

Meggles07
on 4/1/16 6:16 am - Canada

We only had a mini freezer (can basically hold a turkey and that's it). So we are definitely upgrading to be able to fit this cow. I really hope the meat is good :) it does work out to be a good deal if we use it all up.

crqvingchange
on 4/1/16 5:35 am

Zizzler I am so sorry to hear that.  When is your MRI?  How did they know to even look for this?  You've got my cell number.  If you want to talk, just give me a text and I'll call you right back (I have free long distance in Canada).

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics