gout???

Nikki101
on 3/17/16 8:42 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Has anyone had gout aince getting the surgery?

Im just curious and what meds we can have. I told the doctor no nsaids so i have something else. But worry about taking it. Will be trying to call my center shortly to confirm medication is okay.

NorthernStar
on 3/17/16 12:27 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Sorry to hear you have gout! It's not uncommon when losing weight quickly, especially among folks who are prone to it.

As long as the drug you have is not an NSAID, it should be ok to take. Certainly contact your centre, but you can also check with your pharmacist. They are part of your health team as well.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Nikki101
on 3/17/16 7:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Yea, i informed the doctor no nsaids. Basically that i woulsnt take any.  i hear this thing is for life. Which makes me very sad.  there no history in my family as far as I know. A million other things but no gout.

tlj1974
on 3/18/16 2:16 pm

I had a gout attack after surgery.  My doctor prescribed colchicine and my surgeon approved it.  They are a fast acting 3 tablets and the gout is gone.

Nikki101
on 3/18/16 2:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Thats what they gave me. But 8 tablets. And its wreaking hell on my system. My upper abdomen and back hurt like crazy. ive also beein having intense pain when i try to eat anything.  in that same upper abdomen and back area.  supper is going to be soup and see how that goes.

tlj1974
on 3/18/16 3:27 pm

Eeek, yuck.  I hope you get it sorted out.  I was within 2 weeks post op when I got mine.  Are you trying to drink lots of water?  I know it's hard with such a small tummy.

Nikki101
on 3/18/16 5:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I still have trouble grtting everytbing in. But the effects of this medication sre so horrible that even drinking water makes my tummy hurt. Chicken noodle soup even made me hurt and sixk to my stomach. Hope the effects dont last long.

Most Active
Recent Topics