What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 3/6/16 4:44 am

Good morning everyone!  Bought one of those veeva roll on essential oils for stress at Kardish yesterday, it is awesome!  You put a little on your wrists, temples, neck and it really does help.  Plus it smells awesome and does not bother me because it is all natural.  They have other ones for sleep and anxiety. Another cool thing I have been doing lately is to add a drop of lemon essential oil to my body wash when I am in the shower, it feels really fresh.  My regular gym and 1.5 hours of hot yin yoga tonight, this is so helpful when I am feeling stressed about Monday morning. Possibly grocery shopping as well, I need more calcium citrate, down to my last 6. 

18 months post op

b - banana gnc protein shake

s - homemade low carb, high protein and fibre hot cereal with cranberries soaked in black cherry sf syrup

l - eggwhite psyllium "wrap" with margarine and sf high fibre jam

s - simply protein bar, cocao flavour

d - bought a chicken cordon bleu at the butchery yesterday, going to have half of that with a lower carb vegetable

s - rest of diner if I get hungry

All water and vitamins.  Have a nice day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Patm
on 3/6/16 6:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Zizzler. Your ointment sounds great.

Bad eating day yesterday. Back to things today. Except for a long walk with the dog not much planned. Sun out today and mild.

b 4 sausage, 1 egg

l pea/lentil soup, yogurt

d pork chop, salad, broccoli

s smoked cheddar cheese with crackers

cal 937, carb 40, prot 64

crqvingchange
on 3/6/16 6:28 pm

Pat I sent you a PM

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 3/7/16 4:11 am

Thanks for the weather update! 

I think my routine goes 4 - 5 decent or very good eating days with 2 - 3 poor days.  In the end it balances for me so my weight stays stable.  Still assuming I have a few pounds to lose of regain - haven't been near my home scale and that's my official weigh in. 

Pat, at least we are keeping up the fight eh? 

Meggles07
on 3/6/16 6:42 am - Canada

Good morning!!

Feeling very tired this morning, so not much planned for today.  I think someone else mentioned that there was a sale a VV, so I might go check that out.  It is always so busy...

Other than that just a few things around the house and maybe some reading.  I have a book that I have to return Tuesday, so I'm trying to get as much of that read as possible.  For some reason I was hungrier than normal yesterday -- maybe head hunger (boredom).  I will try to stick to the plan today.

Breakfast - skyr ****landic) yogurt, banana, cereal

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - egg bites, pita, pickles

Snack - turkey, pudding

Dinner - beef roast, potatoes, coleslaw

Snack - protein bites

Goal - all vits and water

Meg~

crqvingchange
on 3/6/16 6:27 pm

Meg are protein bites something you make yourself or do you buy them?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 3/6/16 6:36 pm - Canada

I make the protein bites myself... It's sort of a combo of recipes I saw and overnight oats. I use light or natural peanut butter, quick oats or large oats, milk (to soften the oats), torani to sweeten, and then add extras like chia seeds, ground flax, and unsweetened coconut. The recipe recommends chilling the mix and then rolling into one inch balls, but I usually skip that step (rolling it out) and just spoon out a small portion once the oats set. I find it good when I want something sweet but filling. Also, nobody else in my house likes it, so I know it won't get eaten ;)

crqvingchange
on 3/6/16 6:42 pm

That is a great idea.  I have some P28 protein peanut butter that I could use to pump up the protein a little more.  Thanks for the recipe Meg.

Meggles07
on 3/6/16 6:47 pm - Canada

It's funny I actually just saw this recipe pop up on Pinterest -- they called them no bake protein bites if you want an idea of the measurements. I usually start with 1/2 to 2/3 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 torani, and 1 cup of oats and then sprinkle the other things in as I like. But you can definitely play with the ratios if you want them firmer or wetter (I can't think of a better word lol). I also find the large oats need more milk and fridge time to get them soft. Usually I mix part quick oats part large. And I learned the hard way that steel cut oats don't soften at all without cooking :)

crqvingchange
on 3/6/16 6:53 pm

Good to know about the steel cut oats.  I think I have some quick oats in the cupboard.  I also have some pecans, chia, dried prunes and apricots that I can cut up and some Caramel Pecan Skinny Syrup.    I will try to make them tomorrow.  Thanks again Meg.

Most Active
Recent Topics