What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 1/10/16 4:03 am, edited 1/10/16 5:26 am

Good morning everyone!

Did a hot yin yoga class for the first time yesterday and it was really cool.  It involves holding specific poses for long periods of time, like 2-7 minutes.  I am used to the yoga where you are constantly changing poses, so this was a new and very welcome change from my past experiences with yoga.  The teacher was also amazing, giving options for all levels of flexibility.  I feel really good today, all stretched out and limber.

Lost my first pound in a month and a half, so relieved to be losing again.  My anxiety and anger levels are normal now and work, while challenging, is manageable once again.  Still thinking of a change but in the meantime I am focusing on learning and strengthening my skills.  I am in no rush now, hopefully no more big crushing surprises are in my future.  I think what helped most was once I was able to look at the core beliefs behind my anger and other strong emotions.  Once I realized what they were I was able to decide whether I actually logically believe them.  Stuff like "I am a worthless person" and "I must be perfect to be ok" were at my core, and once I rationally was able to see that I do not believe these beliefs I was able to challenge them and replace them with new healthier beliefs and thoughts like "I am a good person, I like myself just the way I am" and "I am not perfect and that is ok", etc.  Of course lots of exercise helped enormously too, calm body leads to calm mind and vice versa.

Going to hit value village for their 50% off sale this morning before it gets too crazy.  Last time there was a 2 hour wait to get a change room!  Some errands to run, will hit the gym for my regular workout followed by another hot yin yoga class.

16 months post op

b - gnc chocolate protein shake with decaf coffee crystals added

s - 10 homemade sf mocha chocolate almonds and walnuts ( I have to count them, they are that good!), later...sf strawberry banana nesfruta

l - leftover thai ginger garlic chicken hot pot with veggies only (I am in love with this dish)

s - 10 sf mocha chocolate almonds and walnuts, later...sf mango orange nesfruta

d - psyllium eggwhite wrap with something in it, probably 1 tsp pb and nsa jam

s - probably another wrap, later...camomile vanilla herbal tea

Calories: 800, Net carbs: 22, Protein: 68, fat: 46

All water and vitamins, have a nice day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 1/10/16 6:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Zizzler, I loved reading your post - you've done a lot of hard work on yourself in the past 18 months, both inside and out. VERY happy for you!

Not too much on the go today - Andrew's sister is coming for brunch, have a couple of errands to run, football Sunday, that's about it!

9.5 years post-op

-- coffee with cream x 3 over the day --

B - Premier protein shake (chocolate)

Brunch - 1 egg, 2 slices bacon, tomato slices, 1/2 piece of toast

S - 3 oz tuna salad with raw veggies for dipping

D - the damned beef stroganoff that I was supposed to make yesterday ;)

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 1/10/16 10:59 am

Thanks Karen, I am happy to be able to post that I am feeling ok too.  It was not easy but totally worth it.  Your stroganoff sounds really yummy.  I do that too, yesterday I was supposed to make psyllium wraps but that did not happen so I plan to make them today. 

crqvingchange
on 1/10/16 6:29 am

Good morning everyone.  Zizzler I am so glad that you are feeling stronger.  This past Christmas a friend gave me this quote "The world  breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places" (Ernest Hemingway).  When we met again over the holidays I noticed that you were more at ease.  I put it down to having a break over the holidays but now I see that it is your new normal and I am so inspired by you that you put in the hard work to achieve that serenity.  Battling our own thoughts can be our biggest hurdle.  You rock girl, you are all that and a bag of chips (low carb of course).

Your hot yoga is different than mine, I have the one where you are moving every 30 seconds which makes savasana (sp) not as relaxing.  We will do a move, than savasana, then a move, then savasana, etc.

Today, it's an hour at the gym, general cleanup, laundry and an early night.

17 months post op

B. scrambled egg, green pepper, onion, fresh salsa in one quarter of a P28 wrap

S. Decaf skinny latte

L. Turkey burger with fresh salsa

S. Skinny latte

D. Tilapia stuffed with crab with protein cheese sauce (Unjury) and a small sweet kale salad

S. Protein Hot Chocolate

MFP totals calories 1120, carbs 46, fat 48, protein 124

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 1/10/16 11:02 am

Thanks Cc, I love that quote.  I am having protein sf hot chocolate as we speak, it is a horrible rainy day out and I while I had a good run at value village this morning I am tempted to skip the gym an yoga and hybernate, we shall see.  Have a nice afternoon!

judyeliz
on 1/10/16 6:47 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Hi Zizzler, I am so happy to hear you are feeling better.  Hot yoga two days in a row,  you rock!

Just wondering, where do you buy the psyllium for the wraps, and the egg whites, do you buy a carton, where? Or do you just separate eggs.  I am thinking of trying to make them next week.  Also, going to try the Cloud bread/ OOpsie recipe. Have you made them?

Thanks, 

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

Zizzler
on 1/10/16 11:08 am

Hey there!  I am kind of feeling like not going to yoga, it is raining heavily out and really yucky, we shall see.  Psyllium I buy at bulk barn, I would buy a little until you know whether you like the wraps.  You can use whole eggs or eggwhites, I find a carton of whites is easiest, I usually buy a large blue menu one.  I have tried the oopsie bread and it was good but I find the wraps easier to make.  Here is the recipe in case you need it:  http://proteinpow.com/2014/06/3-ingredient-low-carb-protein- wraps.html.  I find they freeze well too, sometimes I fill them with a stuff like a little pb and nsa jam and freze them them pull them from the freezer for lunches, saves a lot of time.

judyeliz
on 1/10/16 11:28 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Thanks!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

Patm
on 1/10/16 8:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Zizzler great post. Glad you have been able to get some peace. I am still working on that. I have done restorative yoga. It is similar to your hot yoga just not hot. I enjoy it and really need to make an effort to do it again. I keep making excuses that it is not t convenient times.

Not sure what today will bring. Probably some cleaning.

My DH bought me a new fitbit for Christmas. I had mentioned I wanted a tracker that I could also use for swimming. He assured me the one he bought could be. I should not have trusted him. I wore it swimming and it died. Fortunately I was able to dry it out an it has started to work again.

b 1 egg, 2 sausage

l salad with blue cheese and cheddar

s tea with almond milk

d roast beef with a little gravy, acorn squash

breton crackers and laughing cow

Zizzler
on 1/10/16 11:18 am

Hey Pat, good to hear from you.  Yoga is awesome although I still feel it afterwards, like today my calf is super stiff.  I have been thinking about getting the new fitbit, do you like it?  I mean other it not being waterproof?  They look really cool...

Most Active
Recent Topics