Overwhelming Feeling of Fullness

MyLifeRNYWay
on 12/7/15 12:15 pm
RNY on 12/04/15

I'm home now and trying to take in my fluids. I can't shake that overwhelming feeling of fullness. Every sip I take I feel like I've eaten 10 hot dogs. I also feel with every sip of water or diluted juice when I lay down to rest it comes up back to my mouth. Anyone else experienced this? I'm three days post op.

Referral: Aug 27/14, Orientation TWH: Jan 28/15, Social Worker: Apr 17/15, Nurse Practitioner: Jul 9/15, Nutrition Class: Jul 14/15, Psychologist: Aug 18/15, Nutritionist: Aug 28/15, Surgeon: Oct 2/15, RNY Surgery: Dec 4/15

White Dove
on 12/7/15 1:18 pm - Warren, OH

It does get better every day.  Sugarfree popsicles were my lifesaver for the first weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mas
on 12/7/15 5:08 pm

Hi there 

I go for my surgery tomorrow. Have looked all over for sf Popsicles to no avail. Where do you get them. 

Thank 

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/8/15 7:51 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

In Canada things are NOT labelled Sugar Free, they are labeled "No Sugar Added" 

Meggles07
on 12/7/15 6:39 pm - Canada

I described this feeling to my family as feeling like I are three full plates at Thanksgiving and then had dessert. It calms down eventually. My centre had us sleep sitting up in the hospital. I couldn't do it when I got home, but I tried to stay sitting after meals for a bit. Everything just felt very swollen. Needed to sip slowly and take my time. I used those little cups they gave me in the hospital to keep track.

My mom came home from her surgery and could down a bottle of water. Drove me crazy. Just shows we are all different :)

Most Active
Recent Topics