hunger?

Nikki101
on 12/1/15 8:23 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Lately  ive noticed a feeling i think is hunger... and its occuring fairly frequently... what so you guya do to combat this ? 

Catw
on 12/1/15 10:32 am - Arnprior, Canada

Make sure that you are drinking enough water.  Also watch that it's not heartburn.  When I get extra acid (which is when I don't eat enough) it makes me feel hungry.  Or at least feel that I should eat something to get rid of the feeling.  You can also talk to your center about this.

Cathy

MonaLisaSmile
on 12/1/15 1:26 pm - Canada

When I get feeling that way I think back to the OPTI days....or better yet the days of clear fluids.  I remembered being amazed of how NOT HUNGRY I was, and being shocked how you could survive on such little food.   I told myself at that point to try to remember that feeling for future reference. (because I knew it would return!!)  I really realized how much my "hunger" was usually thirst, emotion, boredom or just plain habit. 

People always suggest NOT to fall into the trap of graze eating as it can increase habitual eating, also to try to have a least "a little something "at your scheduled meal and snack times instead of skipping them for whatever reason.  Always make sure you are high in fluids, and protein first.

It looks as though your surgery was Feb/2015...fast approaching the 1 year mark.   So I would also expect that it is absolutely normal for your appetite to be naturally increasing at this point as well.

Dec is a crazy month of food EVERYWHERE!!!    Take Care & Stay Strong

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Nikki101
on 12/1/15 6:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Thanks. Im usually pretty good with the foods though ive had a few bad days.

The thing im really missing right now is got chocolate... regular snd white hot chocolate from tim hortons.

I know that at christmas i will likely have a bit of brie and a bite or 2 of potatoes. So i will be planning rhe day and probabky wrek around that. I do try to keep up with as normal of meal times as i can... but the episode that leompted the post was shortly after a lrotien shake so i shoulsnt have been hungry. Im usually not to bsd on the hubgy thing yet.  id like to blame it on not drinking enoufh... but i had just drank a shake. I do know that this week ive been lacming on the fluids. I just get ao busy and forget to drink. Finals are a horrible time! Lol 

Most Active
Recent Topics