Trio's

ready-4-new-start
on 11/16/15 6:12 am - Canada

I have my trio's coming up in couple weeks at Humber. Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips or advice on how to pass them.. I heard the hardest is the  dietitian that's making me very nervous of the up coming appointments!! Any advice and tips is very appreciated. Thank you in advance for ur help. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Ginnny
on 11/16/15 9:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

They just want to make sure you understand the eating regiment you will need to follow after surgery.  During my consult with the dietician they kept stressing to include at least 3 food groups in each meal, and snacks should be a carb + a protein. 

Don't stress about it; review the handouts from the Nutrition Class and you'll be fine!

Pumpkin_Spice
on 11/16/15 3:39 pm - BARRIE, Canada

Try to keep everything under 10g of sugar and 3-5g fat.  

Humber River Orientation: Oct 2014 - Meet Surgeon Dr. Starr: Mar 23, 2015 - Trio Appt: June 1 - 2nd Meeting with Dietician: July 7 - Dr Glazer: Aug 24 - Surgery: Nov 23, 2015 ? HW: 305, Start of Opti: 295, Surgery Weight: 268, Current Weight: 180

marielewis
on 11/16/15 4:54 pm

I have mine on the 23rd and I am also a little conerned.... Just unsure of what to expect 

Pumpkin_Spice
on 11/16/15 6:25 pm - BARRIE, Canada

MY TRIO EXPERIENCE:

Registered Nurse:  basically explains the vitamins you will need, the optifast and what you will be allowed to eat while taking your optifast which is basically 2 cups green pepper, cucumbers, lettuce & broccoli. You'll have to take benefibre to help with constipation. She'll go over the blood work you had done when you first went to meet the surgeon.  She'll tell you the vitamins you are lacking and will need to take. ( I was low in vitamin D & A).  She will weigh you. 

Social Worker: basically wants to know if you have a support system in place. Who is helping you out.  She may ask if you've tried to lose weight before and why it didn't stick. 

Dietician:  she'll look at your 3 day food log.  She is looking for BALANCED meals. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and no more than 2 snacks a day. Protein, Starch and Veg with each meal and no more than 150 calories for snacks. Keep below 10g sugar & 3-5g fat for each food choice.  

(I FAILED THE DIETICIAN AND HAD TO RESCHEDULE A SECOND MEETING WHICH TOOK ANOTHER 6 WEEKS)  

Humber River Orientation: Oct 2014 - Meet Surgeon Dr. Starr: Mar 23, 2015 - Trio Appt: June 1 - 2nd Meeting with Dietician: July 7 - Dr Glazer: Aug 24 - Surgery: Nov 23, 2015 ? HW: 305, Start of Opti: 295, Surgery Weight: 268, Current Weight: 180

ready-4-new-start
on 11/17/15 5:14 am - Canada

Thank you doesn't sound to bad. Heard a lot of people fail the dietitian need a second visit.. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Most Active
Recent Topics