Dumping sucks

ntensegirl
on 10/15/15 10:25 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

So on Tuesday i was moved up to puree food.. So yesterday.. I had a scrambled egg for breakfast and two for lunch.. I had some yogurt at 4pm...then all of a sudden.. At 6pm..WW3 broke out in my body.. Started with such bad gas pains..i thought i was dying.. And then around 10pm, i threw up.. Which.. I guess was foamies because it was like all water.. Felt exponentially better..

So today.. I'm trying full fluids.. So i had a banana lean shake, a pudding, and a blue raspberry protein shake..for snack I'll have yogurt and then tonight some cream soup..

Guess I'm afraid to get back on the puree band wagon :(

lammytee14
on 10/15/15 10:41 am

My pouch had objections at the pureed stage and soft food stages. Many times I ended up doing a day of shakes after a "bad" day. Eggs were not my friends for the first couple of months.

It does get better.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

ntensegirl
on 10/15/15 10:46 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

Yes i believe I'll stay away from eggs for a little bit! I'm not sure if i just cooked them too long in the microwave..because the one egg in the morning went well or what.. Either way.. Not trying that again for awhile

lammytee14
on 10/16/15 6:33 am

I can't do eggs in the microwave. When I first was able to eat an egg, it was a 4-minute poached egg.

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Catw
on 10/15/15 11:40 am - Arnprior, Canada

Did you have anything else after the yogurt? Not sure it would have been the eggs, just because of the timing. You would have reacted earlier if it was the eggs. Even if it was jus****er, if you drank it too fast, you can get trapped gas which causes the symptoms that you describe. I find that sometimes when I get too much trapped air in my tummy, it can cause me to throw up, then a few minutes later I'll be right as rain. I've done that after a couple bites of a meal, then after everything settles go back and eat (slower) the same thing without problems.

Cathy

HFA70
on 10/15/15 1:59 pm

That wasn't dumping, dumping is purely from sugar.

You either ate something too dry, too fast, too much, that's where the foamies came from.

I threw up right up to solid foods. Remember to eat slow, with a baby spoon so you know you're not eating too much at a time and when drinking just take little sips....for a very, very long time.

Oh2BeMe
on 10/15/15 5:38 pm

try a poached egg, they worked best for me after trying scrambled.

Seyenna
on 10/15/15 8:11 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Agreed with what others have said, it sounds like you ate too quickly, too much, etc. I throw up still quite often.. a few times a month at least from being careless. Eggs were hard for me too, I can eat them now just fine but it took a while. I had to under cook them so that they were slightly runny/soft, kinda mushy. Go at your own pace with what feels comfortable, no two pouches are alike.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Pamela.S.
on 10/16/15 6:17 am - Canada

Definitely not dumping....I had an experience with dumping Monday night and it was a real lesson to me. I am 8 months out and pretty much eating normally. Monday I decided to have pumpkin pie with HONEY and Cool-whip. I had some pumpkin pie on Sunday, so I thought I would be ok. I was very wrong.

If you experience dumping, you'll know it. Racing heart, sweat pouring out of everywhere, diarrhea and vomiting. I was so sick it brought on a migraine.

Lesson learned the hard way!

Not sure if your shakes are sugar free, but I had issues with fruit the first couple of times I tried it. I would say that the first 3 months I was very cautious with what I ate, and then got more adventurous.

Good luck, you will do amazing!

Pam

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

Needanewbeginning
on 10/16/15 10:03 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

When you dump, you sure will know it.

Fast heart rate, you may get the runs, and foamies, you literally have blobs of foam in your mouth, sorry tmi....you feel hot, simply feel like total crap.

Like others mentioned, you probably ate too quickly and eggs are hard for many of us but you will get the hang of this, give yourself some time.

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics