Revision

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 7:21 am - Rockland, Canada

Has anyone from the WMC at the Civic in Ottawa been able to get a revision following weight regain? IF so, how did you manage to get it.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Karen M.
on 9/5/15 5:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hi there,

I'm not in Ottawa, first off. But what did you have originally and what do you hope to revise to?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Chickenboob
on 9/6/15 7:05 am - Rockland, Canada

I had an RNY, and I don't know what I want to switch too.  Something that works better. I need to research my options.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Seyenna
on 9/6/15 8:23 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I don't think there is anything "better" than RNY, DS switch maybe? But the surgery is only a tool. How long ago did you have surgery, if you don't mind me asking? How much did you lose, etc. 

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Chickenboob
on 9/7/15 10:04 am - Rockland, Canada

Hi Seyenna, A little more history is in my response to highlife's comment, but I will add my data for you

RNY Jul 2011, Starting 338, lowest 194 (Oct 2012), 216 C-section (Dec2012), put on a medication that then caused me to go to 248 by April 1 (2013). It has remained stable snince then, but started creeping up this winter to 254. I am currently at 250.

Seyenna
on 9/7/15 10:11 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Ignore the haters. I was asking some questions just to see if I could add any extra insight. See, RNY works for me thus far (knock on wood!) because, quite simply, I was hungry all the time. Keep trucking on as you are. I would go back to basics, though. Start with protein, cut the carbs, drink your water, take your vitamins, and join us on the "what are you eating" thread daily to see what others are doing. I would just hate to see anyone go under the knife a second time if small changes would suffice. Be well and take care.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Chickenboob
on 9/7/15 2:23 pm - Rockland, Canada

Agreed. I would rather not do one, but the thought has crept into my mind and is hard to shake...what if my tool is broken or not functioning well?

birdiegirl
on 9/7/15 4:04 am

Hi Chicken

I read your story on the RNY forum yesterday.  I am impressed how you took the advice given and your attitude. 

I second what the others said - Don't give up!  It will likely be slower losing the weight but stick to it.  You will eventually find the right formula for your body and you will begin to lose.  I also found it took about 3 weeks of low carbing before I started to lose my regain.  Frustrating but thankfully I stuck to it

I agree with the responders on the RNY forum to really watch the carbs.  That does the trick for me.  Why don't you join us on the What are you eating thread?  Today is not a typical day for me calore/carb wise.  Usually I too stick to fairly low carb and if I want to lose - under 60 day for me

Also - don't let the *****iness of poster "HighLife" get to you.  She is a misery we have had to endure periodically on this forum.

Good luck

Chickenboob
on 9/7/15 10:00 am - Rockland, Canada

Thanks Birdie,

I asked for the advice on the other forum and it was all good feedback, everyone was nice and I really appreciated it. I ended up taking White Dove's advice and I started the Atkin's Induction yesterday. It's fine for me. I am not a fan of rice/ bread/ oatmeal/ etc. I was just eating it to make the nutritionist happy. I will miss winter squash. That's really the only sacrifice.

I did respond to Highlife, but given that this is a weight loss forum, there will be no second helpings for or feedings of trolls.

:)

C

Karen M.
on 9/8/15 3:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Atkin's Induction could be just what your body needs to get the kick start your body seems to need right now. How long ago was your pregnancy/cesarian? I know how wicked pregnancy and the associated crazy hormones can be on your entire system and that could be part of the issue. I really feel for you as you seem to be doing what's required and not seeing any results. That's got to be beyond frustrating and worrisome. Maybe join in the "What are you eating" thread with us - I find "keeping my head in the game" also helpful. At the very least, you'll have people to commiserate with. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics